PDA

View Full Version : CBT and filming

speckles69uk
09-02-12, 13:07
Hi everyone,

Hope you're all doing ok. I had my first ever 'assessment' session the other day and have been referred for a series of high intensity CBT sessions. I was told that the waiting list would be 8/9 weeks, which at first I thought was quite a long time, but he informed me that the waiting list used to be months going upto a year or two, so 8/9 weeks doesn't sound bad at all. However the other day I had a phone call from a therapist who said I could see her within a week, the only difference is that she wants to film our sessions for training. She said if I didn't want to take part it would not affect my treatment or time on the waiting list. I accepted as the apointment is soon and local to me. I don't mind at all (as long as I'm not really aware of the camera), she said it wasn't going to be intrusive, and if I wasn't comfortable I can withdraw anytime.

I'm just wondering if anybody else has had experience of CBT with filming. I've never had CBT before so have no idea what to expect

Kindest regards

Rebecca

:)

thetube82
10-02-12, 21:49
sorry if this sounds a bit patronising, but a filmed CBT session is basically the same as a none-filmed CBT session, except there is a camera recording it to measure the therapists competency in therapy delivery, the therapist will show the video to examiners/supervisors to show they are doing it right basically!!

I always think a trainee session/treatment is really good for someone getting therapy, because other (more experienced) therapists are 'marking' the therapy and giving guidance, obviously with the clients understanding/agreement of why they are being filmed.

You can also have a copy of the video if you want,...... always good to reflect on a session after the event ;)

thetube82