PDA

View Full Version : Occ Health Visit

Kendra
09-02-12, 14:04
Hi all,

Had to see my occ health from work this morning. Was kind of dreading it going this morning but tried not to think about and just went. My manager from work told me he would take me which was really nice of him so that took the pessure of getting off.

Before I left I was thinking I hope he doesnt go the motorway way and goes the road instead. (my fear this time round is motorways etc) All in my head I know this but never mind.

Anyway got there after my manager chatted all the way there which was great as it took my mind off it. It went really well the occ health nurse was really lovely and I didn't feel anxious at all. Although I did feel panicky slightly, but got over it!!

The outcome? Back to work Wednesday!!! Refused a phased return just want to through myself into it. I know that it is going to be hard but I hope my mates from work and everyone on here will help me through it!!!

Thanks for listening/reading.

Kendra x

kittikat
10-02-12, 16:10
Hi Kendra, well done to you and a really positive attitude-that will help loads. I refused to travel to OH and just had a 'telephone' assessment this week (am already back to work on phased return) I found the Dr very impartial, didn't say much but asked me lots of questions. She ended the call by saying she had some thoughts on how my employers could help my return and said she would send me a copy of her report. So, I'm not really sure what to expect now, just waiting!!
I must say all my colleagues have been brilliant, supportive and understanding, including my line manager. I've had a couple of 'blip' days but I expected that. I'm sure you will be fine. Be careful not to take on too much to start with, don't over do it!!

Let me know how you get on and sending big hugs to help you on your way :hugs:

Kendra
10-02-12, 16:16
Aww thanks Kittikat,

Its so hard to do sometimes. Well done you too!!! You sound like you are doing fantastic too. I think that as long as you have support around you it really helps doesn't it? Even if you dont want it at the time!!

I want push too hard though just so want my life back to normal as quick as possible!!

Thank you for the reply!!

You take care

Kendra x

kittikat
10-02-12, 16:28
That's exactly how I felt...I wanted to 'get back to normal' as soon as possible, thought it would be good for my recovery. As I said, had a blip this week and it really upset me, thought I was Superwoman (you know how we are lol) but turned into Anxiouswoman again :mad: so take heed. It won't stop me, I won't let it, but it is sometimes easier said than done. I really admire your strength. Hope it all goes well for you x