PDA

View Full Version : Effexor worries

Kev707
09-02-12, 15:25
Hi folks been taking Effexor 37.5 mg slow release now for almost two weeks with not too much sideffects apart from the sexual side which is really frustrating for me and my partner, there has also been a big decrease in my blood pressure now down too 100/70 from 130/80 in just two weeks which is worrying me a bit has anyone else had this? The doc now wants me to increase to 75mg as he says 37.5 isn't really a working dose has anybody else recently increased their dose and did they experience any sideffects any feedback would be appreciated

pinkdove
09-02-12, 16:17
Hi kev i'm on day 9 of ven, after stopping citalopram. i take 37.5 mg twice a day, and have not had any real side effects at all.

i was told that they can increase your blood pressure, but mine was fine.

your gp is right 37.5mg is a very low dose and may not be helping you much, i think it has been good for me better than cit....so go for it, i;m sure you will find it will be more helpfull xx

Pipkin
09-02-12, 16:22
Kev,

I too started on 37.5mg and am now on 75mg. A bit of raised anxiety but nothing too bad. I'm on week 4 and it's only now settling down so I would suggest you give it some time and keep up regular appointments with your GP who will monitor you BP etc.

Take care

Pip

petram
09-02-12, 16:41
hi kev i emailed u back on face book , but go for it hun up them , i may have to up mine again soon xx

Catya
09-02-12, 18:19
Thanks for your input pip. Feel horrid too!

pinkdove
09-02-12, 19:08
Kev i've pm'd you back.....hope you are feeling a bit better xx