PDA

View Full Version : set backs on venex or just few bad days?

petram
09-02-12, 16:40
hi guys , i started to feel a positive effect from venenxlafine a week ago after upping my dose from 37.5mg to 75mg , but the last 3 days have been horrid again :(
actually cried so much today .... and at work grrrr i just finished my cycle and i got a cold and i did over do it on the wine sat night , i just wanna go back to feeling the benifits again , can anyone relate or give me some postitive feed back please before i start crying again :(

i hate the fact just as im starting to get better u start feeling crappy again its not fair and i dont wanna go back to worrying about the next day every night again .
xxx

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

i think im a week and 1 day into upping to 75mg by the way x

pinkdove
09-02-12, 16:44
hi i started taking ven 9 days ago 37.5 mg twicw a day, after stopping citaloprm, and at the moment i,m finding they are helping, although very up and down just noe, as it is early days,

i think your monthly visitor, combined with the drinking the increased dose are the cold, are all contributing to the way you feel, it will just be a blip and you will hopefully feel better soon.

i have not had a drink since starting ven, and really miss my glass of dry white,

hope you feel better soon....i'm sure you will xx

petram
09-02-12, 16:58
god i hope so pink dove xx
ty for replying im needing some support at the mo , i was also up and down when i began them too . just hoping i begin to pick up again asap xx
or il have to up again :(

Catya
09-02-12, 18:15
Hello petram well I was interested to hear this.
I've kept in the background the last few days as I've felt so terrible and, like you, crying all the time. I upped my dose just over two weeks ago to 150mg, and have only been on ven about three weeks so I hope it's just early days at settling down. Hugs to you.

petram
09-02-12, 18:28
catya i wrote that wrong i meant 3 weeks n 1 day off upping my dose i think me n pipin was upping around the same time but he s a guy so dont have our monthly visitor s.. lol lucky him xx
i do feel like im coming down with something i have a cold but ache everywhere unless this is another symptom of me depression and anxiety , which ever it is i wish it would kindly bugger off!!!

big hubgs back to u , keep us updated on how u doing dont linger share ya expierence hun good or bad xx

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

about 6/7 weeks of starting i think xx

pinkdove
09-02-12, 19:03
Hello petram well I was interested to hear this.
I've kept in the background the last few days as I've felt so terrible and, like you, crying all the time. I upped my dose just over two weeks ago to 150mg, and have only been on ven about three weeks so I hope it's just early days at settling down. Hugs to you.
Hi kate nicola and i were worried about you, as you have not been in for a while......i hoped it was because you were feeling better,

i am so sorry you are having a bad time just now, are u still taking 150mg?

i have been up and down, bad yesterday not so bad today, but i wonder if some of it is coming off the cit, aw this is so hard, but i wish you well and hope u feel better soon xx

Catya
09-02-12, 19:05
Petram I feel horrendous.... I don't really like to put this as it bothers other people on the drugs. Yes I've been on them in total three weeks. Just checked. The anxiety is sky high. I've also had this slickness bug which has pulled me down... But like you said, really bad muscle aches. Oh dear.

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

Pinkdove. I just can't stop crying. I'm trying to be positive but feel so terrible. xxxx

petram
09-02-12, 19:10
catya , have reported back to ya gp?? i was starting to see improvements over the last week or so but last few days have been crap , if tomorrow s the same i will be calling my gp tomorrow also!! .

xx

pinkdove
09-02-12, 19:12
Kate if you have had a sickness bug that will make you feel worse, have you alwats talen 150mg, i am not to bad on 75 mg, speak to your gp kate, don't suffer like this, it is early days for me, but i don't think i could go through that again, if you are crying all the time is sounds like depression, so be carefull, are you ok at work? i hope you have not done too much too soon xx

Catya
09-02-12, 19:38
:grouphug::grouphug:I see my gp on Tuesday. I'm just so disappointed.
I was sure that citalopram were going to help and they suddenly didn't .... And I had such great hopes for venlafaxine.
I do think my gp put me on to 150mg rather quickly. I'd only been on 75mg for a short time. Maybe it's the quick swap from citalopram too that's not helping.

Well on this cold night I send out warm hugs to you all.

pinkdove
09-02-12, 19:52
Yes kate i think my dr will ask me to up the dose next monday, as it will have been 2 weeks, but if i feel ok i just want to stay where i am, but i thought you increased a bit to quick, also you were taking 40mg of cit,quite a high dose too, i have read good things about ven here, and like you i am hoping they will work, if you don't get any better maybe ring before tuesday for some advice ,:hugs:

Pipkin
09-02-12, 19:54
Hi guys,

Sorry you're all having such a bad time. These things certainly do take a while to work but I wouldn't expect it to be so bad after this amount of time.

Kate - I agree that a trip back to the GP is in order. I was put on beta blockers alongside the ven for a couple of weeks and it really helped. In fact, I'm not sure I could have done it without. Really hope you're feeling better soon.
Petra - no monthly visits here! More like weekly ones to the doctor. Maybe it's just a bug setting you back. You were doing so well.
Pinkdove - sound advice. I've had a few cheeky drinks along the way (I also missed my dry white) and it's been ok. I just got very tired more quickly.

Feel bad for saying this when you're not too good but I feel much better. Anxiety almost gone altogether, I've just got a bit of a persistent headache but I think that's because I keep grinding my teeth which I seriously need to stop or I'll have no teeth left.

Keep in touch - hope you're all feeling better soon.

Pip x

pinkdove
09-02-12, 19:57
Hi pip, no it's great to hear you are feeling much better, gives the rest of us hope, i am not doing to bad on them no side effects to worry about, unlike cit, but i know it's early days. so hoping to see an improvement soon......hope you continue to improve xx

Catya
09-02-12, 20:59
Yes, Pinkdove is right. Please keep up the positive posting it really helps. Thanks x

petram
09-02-12, 21:35
yes positives help ALOT ty , big warm hugs to u all please god tom be a better one for us all lots of love xx

petram
10-02-12, 17:57
hi guys i WAS having a slightly better day today till i got sacked from my little job !!! grrr.... then cried for 2 hours solid.
i spoke with my gp and he said having a BIG drink could of interferred with me meds at this stage, but said fair play to u !! , errrr no i wouldnt off if id known id have a bad week , but he also said hormones and being poorly would also of contributed to this too , so to stick on the same dose for another week n see how i feel ... if not i could increase too 2 X 37.5 mg in the am n 1 x37.5 in the eve , so il have to play it by here i guess , folks please be carefull untill ya fully better or feeling more yaself for a good month before being greedy like me on the wine!!! , i wouldnt want any of u to suffer
xx

pinkdove
10-02-12, 18:54
hi petram, sorry you were sacked from your job, one more thing to worry about, but hey....every cloud. hope things get better for you soon x

petram
11-02-12, 10:12
hi pink ty , yeah the guy is a tool , he didnt want too off us working coz he s tight i was last 1 in so 1 st out but he made different excuses , dickhead lol .. how s every 1 else doing?? xx

petram
11-02-12, 16:08
i just got some anti biotics i have a sinus infection :( please god these will lift my mood once im feeling not so poorly yet another day off feeling up n down lil tearfull and tiny waves off anxiety grrr x

Catya
11-02-12, 18:23
Hi petram. Sorry to hear about your job.
Yes, I think maybe it's these illnesses that are stopping us feel the full benefit of the medication. How long have you been on them now?
Hope you soon feel better. xx

petram
11-02-12, 23:06
6 weeks ish 3 weeks on 37.5 / 3 weeks on x 2 37.5 mg hun . xx how are u ?

pinkdove
12-02-12, 00:06
petram are you feeling any positive effects from the 75mg? i have been taking it for 11 days now, see dr on monday, and think she'll want me to increase xx

Pipkin
12-02-12, 00:33
Pinkdove,

Sorry to interject but I thought my experience might be useful. Like Petra, I started on 37.5mg a day and increased to 75mg 3 weeks or so ago. My anxiety, which was really bad a month ago, is much better and still improving each day.

I've been on venlafaxine before and it helped last time too. It's been over 8 years since the last time and it's just over the last year that I've been struggling and have recently realised I needed to some help to get back on track. My GP prescribed sertraline before Christmas but i couldn't tolerate the side effects. With venlafaxine, I have had far fewer side effects.

Although I know we're all different, I might suggest you give it a little longer before increasing the dose because venlafaxine can take quite a long time to take full effect.

Take care

Pip x

pinkdove
12-02-12, 14:39
Thanks pip, that is just what i was thinking, i have seen some improvement already, which i know is a good sign, and have had very few side effects.

i really don't want to increase too soon just in case i can settle on this dose, so thanks for the advice and hope you continue to improve xx

Catya
12-02-12, 20:35
Do you know, despite it's bad press, I am quite impressed by this med. Far fewer side effects than I've experienced with others. Keeping my fingers crossed.

pinkdove
12-02-12, 20:56
Kate i am impressed to, so much better than cit, i always felt the effects of cit, fuzzy head, lethargy, amongst other things. since starting ven, i have had no real problems, and already feeling positive effects.....so fingers crossed for us all xx

Catya
12-02-12, 21:28
Yes this is a pleasant surprise isnt it?
Tonight I'm feeling physically much better and MUCH more optimistic about the future.
Let's hope this is so for all of us. xx

pinkdove
12-02-12, 21:32
Oh yes please kate !!!! i am so impressed with this ad, up till now, and so glad you are feeling better too, who knows maybe we've cracked it !! i hope so xx

murph
13-02-12, 08:30
I was placed on what can only be described as a meteoric cross taper from Citalopram to Venlafaxine, had to slow it down.

This is the start of the 150mg week and the end of Cit and at each stage I have gone through simi.ar to yourself.

Drink killed me, not literally obviously! Had a big hockey social saturday, no hangover, just sleeping all day through no choice of my own.

Keep at it, all we can do is keep fighting and let the good times roll somewhere along the line!

AMnop3
13-02-12, 13:19
Hi all. I'm not on ven but my GP mentioned it last week so might be starting this week. I've been reading up on it a lot, inc some research studies. The things that are said a lot are that a) studies show more people gain relief from depression and anxiety than those taking SSRIs or a placebo, b) it can take longer for positive effects to be felt, especially for those transferring from another med, c) it's really important to take the med at exactly the same time or times (depending on whether taking single or split doses) everyday. I know this has all been written on nomorepanic before but thought it might be worth repeating here? Sorry if not! Take care all

petram
14-02-12, 18:11
hi pip its great the anxiety is almost gone how s the depression?? xx

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

just under 7 weeks now on these altogether isnt it pip ? x

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

wander do we have to wait another 6 weeks for the dose to kick in fully as we do for the initial effect when starting?? xx

Pipkin
14-02-12, 18:32
Hi Petra,

I would say that my depression is caused by my anxiety so it has also improved. Yesterday was a bit ropey and I got really bad back ache which only happens when I'm anxious. It's much better today though and I am feeling pretty positive. I think I'm almost at the point where the meds have had their full effect. Overall, pretty positive for me.

The modified release capsules have made no difference, just easier to take them once a day. I'm back at the docs next week for a check up (blood pressure etc) and I'll tell the doc that I'm happy with the meds and want to stick at the current dose. The side effects are much better. The nausea has almost gone, still clenching/grinding my teeth but I'm more conscious of it and manage to stop myself (when I'm awake). Initially, my stomach was a bit iffy but that's definitely settled down. Hardly any sexual side effects this time either. Last time, this was a bit of a killer though, to be honest, things were so bad that I didn't care.

Overall, a good move for me, though I've been on them before so I knew they'd work and that's half the battle. There have been some pretty positive comments on here about venlafaxine recently, although I know it doesn't work well for everyone. I know from experience that coming off them can be hard but, at the moment, that's the last thing on my mind.

Hope you're ok and starting to feel a bit better.

Take care

Pip xx

pinkdove
14-02-12, 18:40
Hi pip, so pleased they are working for you :D you sound much more positive now and that's great.

I saw dr yesterday and will stay on the 75mg for a few more weeks, it has been 2 weeks today, and i think things are improving, although still a bit up and down, but early days. i hope to settle on this dose, and not have to increase,

Hope you continue to feel better xx

Pipkin
14-02-12, 18:54
Hi Pinkdove,

Sounds like they are kicking in. It certainly is a slow process but I'm convinced that by sticking with it, you'll start to see the benefits more and more as the days go by. Even though I've been on these before, I still expected to wake up one day and feel much better. However, the improvements have been so gradual, I have to stop and think back a few weeks to realise how much I've improved.

Take care and keep posting.

Pip xx

Catya
14-02-12, 19:38
Can I just ask... I've started with some insomnia again. I'm hoping its just because I'm not very well. Anyone else had sleep issues with them?

Pipkin, it's great to hear your positive updates. Please continue. I'm away for a few days but will check in when back! : ) xx

pinkdove
15-02-12, 16:28
Hi Kate, i have not had any problems with sleeping on them, can sleep for 8 hours, just waking now and again but getting off again.

Maybe it is just that you are not feeling well...hope you feel better soon xx

petram
15-02-12, 17:34
hi guys im still feeling low and teary with waves of anxiety and the ocd is pissing me off further coz the moods low and that s making me feel worse.......surely this blip cant be all down to this rotten sinus infection??!!!

my doc did say last week if im still feeling like this a week on which will be tomorrow /friday to up by another 37.5 mg either at night or in the morning along with the 37.5 im on 1 in th emorning and 1 in the night .....im gonna buzz him in a minute for a call back , i just wanna be better ..

xxx

Pipkin
15-02-12, 19:18
Hi guys,

Petra - sorry you're not feeling too good. I think it is probably worth a chat with the GP - you shouldn't still be feeling like this after this amount of time.

Kate - no real insomnia though I'm waking up quite early and not able to get back to sleep, which isn't like me. Weird dreams too. Could be worth mentioning to the GP next time as the modified release tabs help because you only need to take one a day ( in the morning) - the pm one on the standard release used to keep me awake.

Hope you're all feeling a bit better.

Take care

Pip x

petram
15-02-12, 23:00
hello pip n all , i spoke with a gp tonight n she said up em to 3 x37.5 mg x2 at night and 1 in the morning, but i have a appointment wednesday and she s talking about transferring me over to the slow release capsules on a higher dose??
have u felt any difference on the capsules pip???
she said wether or not im suffering a infection,,hangover if its took me back to this state my dose is wrong and needs to be upped !! il keep u all informed xx

Pipkin
16-02-12, 07:16
Petra,

No difference at all with the capsules. Just take one a day (in the morning) instead of 2 a day which is much better for me.

Let us know how you get on.

Pip x

petram
16-02-12, 13:28
iv actually heard they are the better ones but due to cost alot of gp s hand out the tabs???
x

Pipkin
16-02-12, 18:02
I think they're better because they keep the levels in your system more constant which reduces nausea and also means you don't have to be so precise with the time you take them. I think some people find they get withdrawal symptoms quite quickly if they are late taking the standard release. They are definitely more expensive and doctors are discouraged from prescribing them. But as I said, I felt absolutely no difference at all but because I often work late and you're supposed to take them with food, I was finding the twice daily quite tricky and my GP, after a bit of hesitation and persuasion, prescribed them for me. I guess it depends on the doctor.

If you get the chance, I would recommend the modified release capsules.

Pip x

petram
16-02-12, 23:10
ok ty pip my doc wants me on them actually not my gp but the gp whom i spoke with on the phone whom i got a app with weds , iv heard there better . x

petram
17-02-12, 13:23
day 3 off upping struggled getting to sleep last night about 1.30 it was....feel bit anxious in waves and when doing housework ext a bit palpy ,bit up n down but no crying yesterday or today so far but we all know that can change !! . xx