PDA

View Full Version : alcohol

CameronG
09-02-12, 20:17
Can u drink on citalopram?

eight days a week
09-02-12, 20:19
Yes but take it easy, it may affect you in ways you don't expect.

I think the leaflet says not to, and lots of doctors will tell you that if you drink on it regularly it will stop the cit working - not sure if that is true or not myself, but that's what they say.

CameronG
09-02-12, 20:22
What do u mean by ways you won't expect lol

screwpanic
09-02-12, 20:28
I have chosen not to since starting, as a result I have lost my beer gut and feel much leaner. Use it as an opportunity to detox for a while. I will no doubt drink again one day but for now I don't miss it.

eight days a week
09-02-12, 20:43
What do u mean by ways you won't expect lol

A very good question!

Please remember I am not a doctor, and this is just my opinion and not medical advice!

It's been years since I took cit, but from what I remember alcohol affected me way more when I was taking it. I also got dizziness as a side effect, and once or twice after just one or two drinks that feeling got really strong.

Cit affects your brain and so does drink, both in different ways. Just be careful your first few times because you don't know how they will interact!

ruth76
10-02-12, 23:10
Hi
I have been on citalopram 30 mg for 2 years slowly going back down to 20 mg. I have drank on them since the beginning you get terrible hangovers the next day if you indulge too much. But I normally miss a dose if I have drank a lot the night before. I found it has affected my alcohol tolerance as I can drink a lot more than I could before which can be dangerous.
I have embarrassed myself several times and have no memory of what I was talking about almost like a blackout. So I am quite careful and dont drink too much but you should be fine if you take it easy. Just make sure you eat before drinking!

miss sleepy
10-02-12, 23:31
I haven't really felt like drinking much since I've been taking my tablets (3weeks). I have had the odd beer or glass of wine here and there but never much more in one go. One thing I found last week is that having a few glasses of wine with my dinner made me feel quite nauseous all night, even though I didn't get drunk.
Then this evening I had two pints and felt plastered, and I can normally hold my drink quite well. Guess it makes a cheap night out!

CameronG
11-02-12, 02:17
Hi guys, the deed is done, I had a drink, feeling fine lol, will let yous know about the hangover lol

swanlinnet
11-02-12, 05:54
Enjoy your evening Cameron...Stay safe , Vince:)

william wallace
11-02-12, 09:26
If you're going to have a drink while taking Citalopram you shouldn't have any problems as long as you take the Cit in the morning. This gives it time to do it's job for 12 hours or so unhindered by the alcohol.
Bet your head feels like a medicine ball this morning:D

ZD
17-03-12, 01:58
I ve been on citalopram on and off for a few years and I ve always had a drink , infact I drink every couple of days Xx

Zoe
Xx

anowlwithknees
20-03-12, 00:20
Hi Cameron,

I suppose it depends on your dosage. I went through senior year of college on citalopram and could drink most folks under the table. Never noticed any troubling side effects, but I was only on 10mg. I suppose it effects everyone different so just be cautious when drinking.