PDA

View Full Version : A week in and having more panic attacks :(

*clare*
10-02-12, 04:50
I started taking cit a week ago now. For the first few days i seemed fairly ok but for the last 3 days i've woken with panic attacks. I haven't suffered attacks for a while and now they are every day. I've read cit can increase anxiety initially but how long will this carry on or am i just getting into that nasty panic cycle again. Is it really the tablets that have had this effect? I want to really stick it out and give these tablets a good go!!

saro
10-02-12, 05:36
You need to give it at least 2 weeks before you will start to see any benefit. You will get side effects for the first 2 weeks.. it is pretty common. Ive been on them a while and they really help me. Hope u feel better soon.

swanlinnet
10-02-12, 06:00
Hopefully the side-effects will pass once you get into a routine.

If in any doubt , go back to the GP and let them know

Vince:)

pooh
10-02-12, 14:16
Hi! I had horrendous side effects when intially put on citalopram. Panic attacks right left and centre, intrusive thoughts, anxiety heightened beyond belief. It was that bad I was on quite a hefty dose of diazepam throughout the day to counter it. This is an option you could explore with your doctor. I am now about 12 weeks down the line and feeling so much better. Don't need diazepam and feeling good most of the time. If it's that bad don't suffer if your doctor can help out. I would phone or make an appointment to explain. I was initially unable to leave the house and a very tearful call to the doc when the side effects where at their height had me a prescription for diazepam within an hour. Unfortunately, it is a very common occurrence for many people who start taking citalopram but it most definitely does subside :)

Pooh x