PDA

View Full Version : feeling awful

toni282
10-02-12, 08:36
Hi everyone, I've not posted for a while as doing really well but since Tuesday I've felt awful! It all started waking up with a bad waterinfection so went to the doctors and got antibiotics then i woke up with a really sore throat, a fever, feeling very sick and weak and think i only slept about 1hr last nigh! Does this sound like the flu or something more serious? Thanks for any replies

swanlinnet
10-02-12, 08:40
Sounds like a virus Toni'. Hope you soon pick up.

Plenty of sugary drinks and paracetemol do help.

Best wishes, Vince :)

toni282
10-02-12, 09:29
Thank you for the reply. I've been being sick all morning and can't eat anything can a virus do this? Thanks

Carys
10-02-12, 09:39
Hi there Toni, if you have had a nasty urine infection diagnosed, and then woken up feeling sick (vomiting) and temperaturey etc. then I would definitely return to the GP. It could be that the UTI is not being dealt with by these anti-biotics and has become more problematic. It does not mean of course that it is something 'serious' but UTIs, if they spread towards the kidneys can make you feel really unwell and may need more specific anti-biotics. I guess what I am saying is that under the circumstances you have described I would not jump to thinking it was 'just flu' without a proper medical diagnosis.