PDA

View Full Version : should i go and see my gp AGAIN

tricia56
10-02-12, 11:38
hi ive had anxiety for a few yrs now not on meds dont want to take them and some days i cope with my anxiety and other days gets bad like the last few days ive struggled with it and i just want to ask any one if i should go back to see my gp asi foned the help line of nomore panic yesterday for abit advice and i explained to the lady about how long ive had it and have seen my gp a number of times and had blood tests done about a yr ago and it came back fine and was diognosed with GAD. but because she asked there was any phycical illness i had because i have had a few yrs now ive started to think that maybe there is something phycicaly wrong with thats why im always anxiouse all the time , is just anxiety making me think this way just because someone mentioned it or should i go and see my gp again would lioke some advice if possible off some one just to ease my mind thk you

Stormsky
10-02-12, 11:52
Ive had GAD for 12yrs, and theres nothing physically wrong with me... sometimes ive wished there was so i can get medication to cure it!
I dont take meds, just vitamins, and positive thinking!
Theres no harm in going for a chat with your GP though.

tricia56
10-02-12, 12:27
thk you stormsky for your reply can i ask how u cope with it and does it get easyer the more u learn to cope with it as i find it very hard when the anxety is bad try distraction and do my breathing exercises and tence mucle relaxation

Stormsky
10-02-12, 13:13
I took meds for years, they dont cure anxiety, only mask it ... when you stop them, its still all there to deal with... thats how it was for me anyway... been off meds for 6 months now...
I take a high strength vit b called Jarrows B Right-
drink lots water too.... But the biggest thing you have to do, is POSITIVE thought statements...mine are automatic now, i dont have to try and come up with one...as soon as i get any sympton or negatives thoughts, i automatically have positive statements that just pop in... I distract myself by doing anything , cleaning, ironing...whatever it takes.... but to be honest although i have bad and good days, even the bad days are only say a couple of negative things in a day, i dont feel bad all day....but thats because the positive statements work.... i mean we've been telling ourselves we are ill, we are losing it, we wont ever be better, believing the scary stuff... and how does that make us feel?? yes rubbish, and we get panic.... so it stands to reason if i tell myself, i am happy, its just anx, theres nothing wrong with me, i am calm, i goiing to have a great day...then i get the feelings that those thoughts bring!!! simple, but hard i know!!!! even when your mind answers back and says 'yer right who you fooling' i just again ignore that and keep with the positives!!