PDA

View Full Version : Probiotic drinks?

MaryMac
10-02-12, 12:53
Hi everyone, I've just started to drink probiotic drinks to see if they'll maybe help with my IBS/immune system. I always eat yoghurt with the live bacteria in it but trying these drinks to see if they make a difference! Have they helped anyone?

Ingenious
10-02-12, 19:33
I'm really not sure about these. I've tried a few months on Yakult and a few months on Actimel, the jury is still out whether they had any definite effect.

What I do know is when I was on some nasty antibiotics and having severe problems, a cocktail of both of those and live yoghurt brought my motions back to normal within 48 hours, so they must do something.

At the moment I've been getting quite badly bloated but without excess wind, though I do eat a huge amount of greens and other fruit/veg, so I have stopped the probiotics for a bit to see if maybe it would be better without them.

I don't think they do much harm though - it would be interesting to hear of people's experiences.

Zee
10-02-12, 20:52
I drink the 0% fat Actimel daily and its been really great for helping my digestive system.