PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety?? advice please

milanio
10-02-12, 14:41
This morning I took my little girl to soft play afterwards we went into tesco, whilst in there all of a sudden I 'didnt feel with it' and just needed to get out of the store.. i went outside and got some fresh air and a little while later felt ok.

I hate things like this happening to me its happened about 4 times over the last 10 days...Another time I was just stood looking out the kitchen window and another time when my niece and nephew were here being loud :weep:

Any advice please

kittikat
10-02-12, 15:20
Hi milanio, are you having a lot of stress in your life at the moment? It could be stress/anxiety. It's not a good feeling is it? Keep an eye on things, note down any other symptoms eg. racing heart, dizziness, short of breath, fear etc. and if it continues you should book an appt with your GP to discuss.
Good luck :)

milanio
10-02-12, 15:33
Hi Kitti, thank you for your reply. I have been feeling quite down lately and i'm taking 50g sertraline. Does this sound like anxiety/panic? It just comes out of the blue then i start panicing wondering why it happens :( vicious circle...

kittikat
10-02-12, 15:47
Yes, it could be...I've had it about 6 yrs now, on and off, it is a vicious cirlce :wacko: the fear of fear can bring on an attack. I had a recent 'blip' had my regular GP appt this morning...popped into Tesco to collect my meds. Had to wait 15 min and walked around in a daze, panicking, should I go....stay.....got to get out etc. Try distraction, focus on something, anything, read labels, deep breaths, sing, anything that might help you. Funny, I don't notice anyone around me, just in my own little world feeling afraid...of what??? Who knows? Thats anx/panic for you :shrug: Go see the doc. Try not to let it take hold of you, easier said than done. It could be an early warning sign or it could be the meds. How long you been taking sertra? Side effects?

milanio
10-02-12, 16:04
This happened to me before i started taking sertraline so unfortunately i dont think its side effects. I did tell my GP about it happening when I was stood looking out the window...she prescibed me the sertraline but didnt say weather it was anxiety/panic ect...i'm on day 11 of sertra now.

A part of me thinks its stress/anxiety related but then i start to think 'this shouldnt of happened, something must be seriously wrong with me'...it happened a few hours ago but i'm still going over and over it in my head (probably making myself feel worse)

kittikat
10-02-12, 16:20
Yes, you will defo feel worse if you keep thinking about it! You do tend to feel that you are suffering with some awful illness or that you may keel over and die any second with severe panic or anxiety. It's really just your mind playing tricks on you. I do think you need to talk to your doc just to put your mind at rest. Make a note each time it happens, but try not to dwell on it. it's still early days with the meds and could be something to do with it. Put a good film on and try to relax. :)

Carys
10-02-12, 16:22
It sounds to me like an instant flash of 'depersonalisation', it can come that quickly and the panic/panic attack rises very quickly within you, within a milli-second. As you said 'I just needed to get out of the store' it sounds very much like episodes I got years ago, I can recall dashing out of places/shops with a similar feeling.

kittikat
10-02-12, 16:32
It sounds to me like an instant flash of 'depersonalisation', it can come that quickly and the panic/panic attack rises very quickly within you, within a milli-second. As you said 'I just needed to get out of the store' it sounds very much like episodes I got years ago, I can recall dashing out of places/shops with a similar feeling.

I agree, have had both depersonalisation and derealisation, all connected to anx/panic....make that docs appt!!

milanio
10-02-12, 16:54
Thank you carys and kitti xx