PDA

View Full Version : for people who want to taper off

julieannboo
10-02-12, 15:45
i have been waiting for this day for the past few weeks.

today i drop down to 10mg. i am halfway there.

i was on 20mg for 12 years and i started tapering last july dropping nice and slowly dropping 10% of the current dosage every 3-6 weeks using the liquid version.

i cannot recommend this slow route enough.

i always thought that i would have to be on seroxat (paxil) forever as in the past when i dropped from 20mg to 15mg in the past the drops were too quick and after 3 weeks the withdrawal was so bad i had to go back up.

anyone who wants to taper off please go to paxil progress.

best of luck to everyone.

a very good book is: the evidence, however, is clear: the seroxat scandal. By Bob Fiddaman. The book lifts the lid on GSK - the makers of Seroxat.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Evidence-However-Clear-Seroxat-Scandal/dp/1849914141/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1313438937&sr=1-1

Stormsky
10-02-12, 16:10
My doc told me that once you are off the meds you can be back at square one...
meds dont cure whatever problem you had when you started them...ie anxiety panic depression..... they only mask problems....
I was on meds 9yrs, been off 6 months... have had to battle the anxiety again, but am doing it onaturelle this time.... i did not want to be on meds for life....

julieannboo
10-02-12, 16:38
you are 100% correct. Seroxat (paxil) only masks problems it doesn't cure them.

thats why CBT and seeing a good therapist is the best way to go and (for me) not taking brain chemically changing drugs.

that great that you are off - well done. x

Stormsky
10-02-12, 16:42
I agree, and Good luck with it all..x
I did CBT years ago , didnt do much for me though...

lauz_lea
10-02-12, 19:24
Well done Julie, I know how please you must be. I was on only 10mg for years and reduced very, very slowly over a period of 18mths.

It's only since "reinstating" that I've found this site and learned so much about myself and what triggers my anxiety/depression, so with any luck, once I stabalise I can start addressing the problems so that I can learn and utilise the coping strategies I need when I am ready to take off the training wheels again.