PDA

View Full Version : frustrated! could my body now be reacting to my meds???

stevesinelgin
10-02-12, 19:41
ive been on 50mg of sertraline since 2006 and after a few weeks was able to go out and about...then was able to go on buses and travel at least 80 odd miles for the first time in ages. however for the past couple of years i have not been so good....feelings of a serious brain problem and abnormal breathing awareness are as bad as ever and i have stiffness in my calf muscles which annoys me as i dont just sit on my backside and do move about a lot....there are many crasy feelings i have that make me feel as if i must have a rare brain disorder affecting breathing awareness, consciousness, memory etc....youd could say i feel pretty awful...i did at one stage try upping my meds but then i got awful side effects...so im kind of thinking along the lines of my body no longer and my brain being helped by this drug and it could be that as ive aged it no longer helps due to changes...so frustrating as i cannot remember what normal awareness of breathing etc is and often think that death is near.....hard to bear when your 37 and thought id found something that worked well...your thoughts please fellow nmp friends....i try not to come on here very often because i do feel that feeding your worries makes things even worse.....thanks!

Steve

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

nobody got anything to add? surely someone out there has had the same or similar

pinkdove
10-02-12, 20:47
Hi steve, i have just had my meds changed as citalopram just stopped working for me, i had been on them for 15 months, and tried upping the dose, but had increased anxiety.

so maybe your meds have done all they can.....just a thought. why not talk to your gp, they will be able to help. good luck hope you feel better soon x