PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes Anxiety

Quabah
10-02-12, 19:20
Hi,
Over the past 2 months or so I've been dealing with a vision problem. Both of my eyes see a sort of double vision or 'ghosting' i think its called which is a common occurrence in those with astigmatism. When I visited the doctor, she checked me out and said something along the lines of, "No you don't have Multiple Sclerosis, just anxiety." She prescribed prozac and lorazepam and while they have helped a bit with anxiety i still cant get over my hypochondria.

I saw an optometrist and he said i had a mild astigmatism but that wasn't enough for me. My anxiety seems to convince me im sick. Ive gone from thinking i've had colon cancer, pancreatic cancer, brain cancer, and now Diabetes. From what the evil doctor google has told me, lenticular astigmatism is common in those with diabetes. Also, after an inner tube water polo game on wednesday I felt really tired and anxious after our game which ive read is a sign of low blood sugar also meaning diabetes. This has sent me into a panic attack.

Even though I'm 20 years old, 6 feet tall and 185 lbs, not urinating frequently, not constantly thirsty, not constantly hungry and not excessively losing weight i still cant convince myself i dont have diabetes.

I'm really stressed out right now with school, so any suggestions to help alleviate the anxiety would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.