PDA

View Full Version : Feels like i cant breathe...is it anxiety? :/

little.miss.worry
10-02-12, 21:27
for a month and 2 weeks i feel like i cant breathe properly im not hyperventilating or anything like that..its in like my throat i do have post nasal drip so that could be another reason i keep getting sooo scared :( ive been to two doctors they both said everything is completely fine the checked heart rate throat asthma and nothing was there they were both baffled by it..i know i have anxiety so my mum said that could be it..its ruining my life im 15 and i have exams to worry about! i dont want to think im going to die everyday..im sick of it! oh and right now it feels like too much air is in my throat i just dont know what to do please help! :'( oh and one more thing i keep getting heart palpitations i know for a fact thats anxiety and on the night this all started i had a massive one and all of a sudden it came on...it went off like a week ago then my friend mentioned ventalators and its brought it back :'( so would you say these are classic symptoms of anxiety?

swgrl09
10-02-12, 22:56
I bet it is your postnasal drip. I have indoor allergies, and when my allergies act up I feel like that. Had it just last week honestly.

jamesthecat
11-02-12, 11:37
it sounds like classic anxiety, your probably concentrating too much on your breathing and your heart rate which is making you more concious on subtle changes and feelings which is making you anxious. i know what it feels like to think your dying everyday! it sucks doesnt it!? you should try and just accept its anxiety and not any actual health problems, youve been checked by your doctor and everythings fine!

leanne1980
11-02-12, 18:08
Does it feel like you can't get a deep breath in? Like it stops in your throat? I had this yesterday it was horrible, I've had it for so many years on and off now I've learnt to not get scared by it, sometimes burping helps x
You are 15 you should be enjoying yourself x take care x

little.miss.worry
11-02-12, 20:33
yes leanne1980 thats exactly how i feel i cant take a deep breath and it feels like somethings stopping it thankyou all of you! :D it actually went off today then i was like oh its gone and kinda thought about it okay alot and it came back and now my throat feels really dry :S

Pipkin
11-02-12, 20:39
Leanne,

It's a typical anxiety symptom to be short of breath. I don't hyperventilate but just find it hard to catch my breath. Try to force yourself to relax and try not to think about your breathing and it should pass.

Take care

Pip x

leanne1980
12-02-12, 12:57
Glad u r feeling better it's a horrible symptom, but it's only coz you are thinking about it, when I get like that I yawn loads aswell x u r fine hunny xxx