PDA

View Full Version : Getting worse!

lisa p
19-06-06, 10:19
Hi

My panic attacks are just getting worse at the moment. I have not left the house all weekend, on Friday I had to go and see my sons teacher and I was in such a state, but as soon as I got chatting to her the panic and fear went - which just shows it is all in the mind. Afterwards I just felt totally worn out and confused.

Just looked at a letter from the school and next month I have got to go to 5 various events - Panicking already!!

I really cannot go on like this - its not fair on my children and hubby. I have got a hypnotist coming to see me today I am just hoping and praying that this will help, if not I am going to have to start taking the paroxtene that the doc gave me in Jan.

Its my birthday next week, and once again I am dreading it in case my hubby suggests going out - I am just not up to it at the moment. My perfect gift would be a life!

Love

Lisa p

chucklehound
19-06-06, 10:44
Hi Lisa, I really feel for you because I know just how hard it is for you right now.
I really hope the hypnotist works for you and that you start to feel better real soon.
Happy birthday for next week, I hope that you have a good time whatever you decide to do!:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

kazzie
19-06-06, 10:52
hi lisa best advice i can give you is dont give into it and dont think about what you have to do next week etc take each hour at a time !!! im sat at work at the moment shaking with panic and had to drag myself here today but to give in is worse. im not thinking about the drive home later will worry about that when the time comes stick with it and it will get better i promise take care kazzie

ceecee
19-06-06, 19:01
hi lisa,yes its that time of the year for us mums(parents evenings,summer fetes etc.)i think that the other guys are right in that you should take one hour or one day at a time,then you won,t feel so overwhelmed by it all!i know how you feel i,ve got two parties to go to this week and none of my friends know i have anxiety!so i can,t wait to get them over with!(gone are the days when i used to enjoy going out)!!have a wonderful birthday next week ,perhaps if you dont want to go out suggest to your hubby a take-away and a nice bottle of wine!!!take care rachel x x

Keitharcher
19-06-06, 19:38
Hi Lisa

You have actually taken the first steps to a cure, you have decided that you arent going to put it with it any longer, congratulations on that. I hope the hypnotherapist works for you, it helped me, the secret is to let them help you

Keith

lisa p
19-06-06, 20:37
Hi guys

thank you so much for the positive feedback.

The hypnotist came, he talked to me then hypnotised me, and I laid there thinking yeh ok, it was quite emotional, but I was very relaxed and my hubby has just told me I am like a different person this evening!! Not bad tempered, smiling, laughing and talking positive.

I have got to see him 3-4 times more, next time is next wednesday on my birthday!! and I am going to try and go to his house, 20 min drive, but we will wait and see.

I really do hope that this works, as I need to get my life back into some order for my children. I will let you know how things go.

Thanks once again for the helpful advice.

Take Care

Love Lisa p

PUGLETMUM
20-06-06, 10:58
hi lisa, i'm also new and struggling to combine agoraphobia with family commitments, just one thing, sometimes doing things for other people puts you under tremendous pressure, why not try to get better for you? also like you said when you spoke to the teacher you were fine, i am like this on a daily basis at the mo, dreading every social interaction, but the more you keep doing it the easier it gets. your kids and husband are obviously your life like most people seem to be on here, but don't forget that you are in that equation also - do it for yourself! all the best emmas