PDA

View Full Version : Scared, Slow Heart Rate!!! Help please!

Itsallinmyhead416
10-02-12, 23:30
Lately I've been feeling really tired. I'm so scared because I noticed my heart rate is slow. My resting heart rate is around 42-48...I'm very scared. I am young and I do workout a lot but I fear that my heart will stop...anyone deal with this?

pablo22
10-02-12, 23:46
im here for ya buddy!! mine will also get this slow sometimes!! from what ive read its completely normal!

happycarrot
10-02-12, 23:49
If you're very active, then it's not unusual for you to have a relatively slow pulse, and this is within the normal range for athletes. It just means that your heart doesn't have to beat as often because you're in good shape. The tiredness may not have anything to do with your pulse--you might just be coming down with a flu. Next time you go to the doctor, I'd suggest asking what your pulse rate has been in the past. It should be in your records and then you would know what's normal for you.

Itsallinmyhead416
11-02-12, 03:23
Well I am just getting over a cold...I had a bunch of sinus pressure and coughing out junk. I feel better now just tired and sometimes light headed....it just worries me when I feel all this in combination with low heart rate....I workout about 5 days a week but it's not like I'm lance armstrongin' it. Ive just become more aware of it

Anxious_gal
11-02-12, 03:51
If you're very fit your heart rate will be slower or if you take it first thing in the morning.
The only thing you can do really is mention this to your doctor .