PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some support and friends

Joelle
11-02-12, 03:54
Hi,

I haven't always had anxiety and it seems to have gotten worse over the last while. I have been on Anti-depressants...last one was Effexor, but off it now for about a year. My mom died last February about a year ago too of complications from heart surgery. A few months after that I had my first anxiety attack in a restaurant with my daughter and the ambulance was called.

Jump ahead now to Christmas this year...all my kids came up to visit me and it was great..The day they left I felt fine, but later that evening got a real tight chest and rapid heatbeat. I went to the clinic and hospital, but released as nothing wrong.

Two days later December 28, 2011 I drank a pop and went outside to bring my garbage can in and felt like I had run a marathon..real rapid heatbeat and flutters in my chest. Drove to the doctor's and they put me in the ambulance back to the hospital with Atrial Fibrillation in full swing.I was very scared as nothing like this has happened before. It took about 5 hours of IV and heart rate and blood pressure finally stablized again. I was in the hospital for a few days and then released to take Metoprolol twice a day.

When I got home I stayed at a friends as didn't want to be alone at home, but I have been back home alone the last couple weeks and the anxiety has really gone up. I take an Ativan as needed and seem to need them more. For days my blood pressure is good and almost too low then it spikes up again like tonight and the anxiety goes up with it.

I have more tests to find out about my heart soon and hope to get more answers, but in the meantime am very stressed and so hard to relax. I am still working as it gets me out of the house and not alone. Just so tired some days though.

Looking to maybe chat to some other people with similar circumstances and anxiety. Thanks

nomorepanic
11-02-12, 03:56
Hi Joelle

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Joelle
11-02-12, 23:39
Thanks I can't use the chat feature for a few more days..but when it is open for me I look forward to talking to you..

Pipkin
12-02-12, 00:05
Welcome Joelle :welcome: Sounds like you're having a pretty hard time at the moment. Stick with it, try to relax as much as you can and I know you'll find some great support on here - I have.

Take care

Pip

swanlinnet
12-02-12, 01:30
Hiya Joelle

The Ativan will be useful . How long have you been using Ativan ? I ask since it is important with Ativan to keep the spaces between using Ativan measured.

In other words, if you keep a written record of what time you use Ativan each day you will be able to see if there is any relation between the Ativan and panic.

If, for example, you experience panic thirty minutes or so after taking the Ativan, then this would be unusual. On the other hand, if it was a few hours without Ativan that you experienced panic, then there could be a relation between panic and Ativan.

A lot will depend upon how long you have been on Ativan so, please, don't regard this message as definitive.

Ativan is a very strong medicine.

If you need any more info please message me as I don't always read the posts.

Good luck, Vince:)