PDA

View Full Version : Newby hello

Mz
11-02-12, 08:43
Hi I'm from Ashford Kent and joined as anxiety and stress are destroying my life!
Here is my story
Grew up in a ok childhood a lot of ups and downs helping my mum with my twin brothers . I lost my dad to heart attack when I was 15 But managed to still carry on and get through it having my own kids etc with some ups and downs.
2007 I then lost the one person who was my rock my mum she died of breast cancer age 47 Devastated!!!
Since then I have had really bad anxiety of getting Ill and dying myself
I have had numerous bloods scans etc as seem to get symptoms of different things it drives me mad .
Most recent test I'm waiting on is a 24 hr urine sample when read p what that test was for completely freaked me out .
Will be nice to talk to others in similar situations
Thanks

diane07
11-02-12, 08:45
Hi Mz

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

william wallace
11-02-12, 09:48
Hi MZ, you'll find lots of nice lasses (and lads) to chat with here:welcome:

gary_2.0
11-02-12, 11:07
Losing our family is without doubt one of the most devastating things we have to go through. It's often the cause of related conditions and stress-related illness.

Welcome to the forum Mz, I hope you find NMP as useful and comforting as I have over the years.

I wish you well Mz :)

dancinginthedark
11-02-12, 12:04
Hi MZ

Im glad you have found this site. The beginning of my panic attacks started after my dad died from a heart attack. I was in my late 20s and i was not close to my dad.
After he died i was convinced i had heart trouble and i was always passing out in public.
A kind, understanding doctor diagnosed me as suffereing from high anxiety, brought on by the trauma from losing my dad.
would be good to chat sometime?

eight days a week
17-02-12, 00:15
Hi from me too Mz,

Anxiety and stress have been destroying my life too for years now, I am so sick of it, and looking for ways to help me with it.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, especially at that age, it's way too young :( I almost lost my dad too to heart problems at the same age, it's only really luck that means he's still with us, but his health has continued to decline, and I am carer for him, it's really tough, but of course I am so thankful he is still with us.

I think seeing him so sick at that age is something I've never really recovered from, and the source of a lot of my anxiety problems, so I really understand. Dancinginthedark (I love your username) I have had the same thing - my anxiety and panic attacks are usually about my heart and having a heart attack and dying from it, so scary :weep:

I lost my darling mum (my only rock) when I was 31 and she was just 60, and I've never really recovered from it, so I'm so sad to hear you lost yours when she was in her forties. It was when my mum was sick and my dad had also had a stroke that I started getting panic attacks, and it's all been downhill from there for my own mental health.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that there are a lot of understanding people here, and wish you all the very best :)

Pete

looneybin
19-02-12, 13:02
Hi

So sorry to hear about you losing your mum at such a young age . My mum had breast cancer a couple of years ago but luckily is now in the clear . My health anxiety started before all that though , at least 10 years .. I really can sympathise with you about worrying as it takes over my life ... hopefully we can all help one another get through our worries and issues and make our lives just a little less stressful xx

jaynehal
19-02-12, 13:15
Hi there
I hope this web site helps you it's full of people in the same boat, I too lost my dad when I was 21 and never been the same since, that was 10 years ago now and I have good spells for a long then can have a bad couple of months which I've been having since oct 2011 when I started with frequent urination and had numerous tests, they've found nothing and my doc thinks it's all anxiety, its took nearly 3 months for me to think my doc could be right! It's really frightening isn't it when you believe you are ill! Hope you feel better soon!
Love
Jayne