PDA

View Full Version : new !!

emmat
11-02-12, 09:33
hi im 33 , i have recently started taking citalopram 20mg ,propranolol 80mg and diazepam 5mg . (been taking them 4 a month now ). i have felt anixous and depressed for as long as i can remember now . i hate feeling like this ! this is why i have finally decided to try some meds in the hope they work !

nomorepanic
11-02-12, 09:37
Hi emmat

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

william wallace
11-02-12, 09:46
Hi Emma, lots of info about Citalopram here:welcome:

kittikat
11-02-12, 11:15
Hi Emma, welcome...lots of lovely, helpful and supportive people here and invaluable advice when you need it. Wish you well with the meds....I take beta blockers and diaz, found the cit hard, bad side effects so stopped them. Hope they help you in your journey to recovery :hugs:

pinkdove
11-02-12, 12:13
:welcome: emma, you will get loads of support here. hope you start to feel better soon xx

Juniper68
11-02-12, 15:56
Hi and welcome, I've just come back to the site. Have also taken citalopram on and off for a few years. I stopped again but have no qualms about starting them if needs be?
Good luck with your meds I really hope they help? What other things have you tried? Anything natural? I find meditaton helpful.

Carys
11-02-12, 16:24
Welcome Emma, make yourself at home and I hope you find some comfort here. :D

Nic31
11-02-12, 21:28
Hi Emma, I suffer with anxiety on a daily basis everytime I leave the house, I am on beta blockers and they have helped a little but not much just taken the edge off I guess. I have just started CBT through the NHS so really hoping this works. I have had anxiety for most of my life and tried various meds but everytime I come off them the anxiety seems to come back worse. I will let you know if the CBT works although I have been told it is a long journey and a lot of hard work is needed to change my way of thinking. Take care, be kind to yourself x

bignik
11-02-12, 21:41
Hi and welcome

I just started 20mg Citalopram today ( add on to existing med mirtazipine 45mg ) , atenolol 50mg ( similar beta blocker ) and dimazepam on a need to basis try to stick to a max 5mg per day some days I manage without, but hoping the citalopram will ease the anxiety and get me off from climbing the walls on day to day basis.

I am also doing some CBT only had three sessions so far so early days

wishing you well

emmat
12-02-12, 10:18
hi , thanks everybody , had quite a good day yesterday , but feel really anxious today :weep: ive also tried sertaline but i dont think i give them a chance ive tried rescue remedy , kalms but nothing has worked . its taken me 13 years to eventually start taking tablets ( when the midwife told me i needed medical help ). just feel like hiding today

william wallace
12-02-12, 10:24
Make yourself a nice cuppy and chill, you be fine:hugs:

nicola1980
12-02-12, 10:30
Hi and welcome this anxiety and panic really suck :mad: im just tapering off cit to start something else hopefully and currently on 10mg of diazepam a day, cit has really helped alot of people and is a really good anti anxiety med xx

swanlinnet
12-02-12, 10:33
Hello Emma:)

philsanxious
12-02-12, 12:55
Hi Emmat,
I don't know what advice to offer that isn't already out there, but wanted to let you know you're not alone.
That said, don't forget that a lot of the medications take a while to take effect, and you need to take them regularly, not "as required".
If you're like me, you don't like the idea of taking pills, but I've just given in trying to reduce my Seroxat, until CBT (hopefully) shows results. I think a little pharmaceutical help will make it easier to help myself.
Try not to hide, but don't beat yourself up if you have to, if that makes sense? You've got medicine and CBT on your side, it just takes time.
The grey weather doesn't help my mood, but at least the daffs are starting to show!

pinkdove
12-02-12, 14:08
Hi Emma, don't panic this is how the meds effect us when first starting them, so many up's and down's, but you will get there.

stick with it and take one day at a time, and you will soon find the meds will kick in and you will start to feel better....but we are always here on this site to help and encourage you....hope you feel better soon x

emmat
12-02-12, 16:02
thanks everybody x ive taken a diazepam and hopefully the citalopram will kick in soon . i think i need to have my dose higher