PDA

View Full Version : Cramp in the tongue?

Mindful
11-02-12, 10:57
Can your tongue cramp up?

If it can, i wonder what happens regarding breathing?

Would it block the airway?:ohmy:

The tongue is a muscle so i assume it can cramp, although it never has.

This is my new fear, its blimming horrible and as much as i am telling myself that it is anxiety, it is there because i am thinking about it, it doesnt seem to be letting up at all. ( Actually thats not true, when i get engrossed in something else, it goes back to normal, but its very short lived and before i know it is back)

I feel a bit stupid with this one,:huh: its like suddenly i have noticed that it could cramp, swell and twist in my throat or something and kill me! ( Ok, thats me being dramatic but thats how it feels)

Can anyone relate to this? x

PanchoGoz
11-02-12, 11:22
I must admit I have never had tongue cramp and never heard of such an occurance...
not all muscles cramp...fingers don't and back muscles. I suppose the ones that don't cramp are the ones which are likely to break our bones if they do, hence fingers and back. A tongue would have no need to cramp. It would only swell it you had an ellergic reaction, and understandably you would seek medical help and they would inject you to stop that.

Mindful
11-02-12, 11:28
My tongue goes incredibly tense, like rock hard tense, it does feel like it is going to cramp up any second. Course that sends some seriously panic rushes around my body,oh the joy of an over active mind

PanchoGoz
11-02-12, 16:28
Indeed. Mine sticks to the roof of my mouth when I am anxious. It's one of my panic warnings along with tingling lower back/buttocks and obsessive lip-picking. Perhaps focus on something else when you notice this phenomenom.
It's a scary thought, uncontrollably having a body part endangering your life. It must be a bit like "doctor strangelove syndrome", where you fear your arm uncontrollably doing things. It would never happen, but the fear makes it so real in your mind.

xfilme
11-02-12, 17:13
are you sure ist not you jaw? jaw muscles from things like grinding your teeth can make your tongue ache.