PDA

View Full Version : General muscle pain

Jules31
05-05-04, 10:53
Ever since my anxiety started, I've had heavy legs, but lately I get periods where the whole of my body aches. It usually comes on quite suddenly and includes, my arms, legs, back, shoulders etc. My legs will suddenly feel like concrete as though I can hardly lift them and the muscles sometimes feel tight and stiff. It then lessens to a general lighter ache. It's a bit like I've over exercised even when I haven't.

Anyone else get this. Fed up of all this new stuff on top of the old.
Jules

pips
05-05-04, 15:59
Hi Jules,

I find I get like that also.

I just ache for no reason at all. Sometimes I wake up with it or sometimes it just comes on all of a sudden like you say. It feels like I've run a marathon some times. When all I have done is have a shower or something. Mad hey!!

If it does get to bad for you. I find a hot bath with aromatherpy oils can help ease the tension. Also i have had a couple of massages which do help.

I know what you are going through though!

Take care & I hope alls well

Love PIP's XX

stimpy
06-05-04, 09:05
I find that too.

I suffer mainly with back ache, arm ache and leg ache.

A nice warm bath and some mild painkillers always seem to do the trick for me.
I'm sure it's something to do with all that shaking and trembling we do.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Jules31
06-05-04, 10:35
Thanks Liz and Pip

I've been having lots of bath but it hasn't really helped. I've never shook or trembled so don't think it can be that. Maybe my muscles are just tense, they feel like lead
Jules

april tones
07-05-04, 17:15
i get this too, feels like period cramps but not in tum. I get it in arms and legs,it feels like you want someone to massage it out

apriltones

uryjm
07-05-04, 21:28
I'm sometimes amazed by how tense my body becomes when I'm feeling anxious. If I make an effort to notice the tension in my muscles, I can find just about every muscle is tighter than it should be. Then, if I force myself to relax, I can take some of this stress out.
If you're suffering low level anxiety, then maybe your muscles are tense all day, and this is causing the aches when you finally sit down and rest. Because you're also anxious, maybe the brain then also exagerates this aching to a higher degree.

Jim

april tones
07-05-04, 23:58
even though im not feeling anxious and feeling better i seem to be bitingh down on my teeth, any one elae do this?

apriltones

Jules31
12-05-04, 12:58
April

I wake up biting down occasionally

Jules

april tones
13-05-04, 16:50
its annoying, guess its more of habit. x

apriltones