PDA

View Full Version : Appendicitis ? Hernia ? Help! Getting in a panic!

leanne1980
11-02-12, 17:56
Trying not to get in a panic but it's hard!
Last night I was laying in my sofa and I lent down to the floor, I felt like a burning pull, thought my jeans were digging in, but it just went and felt like a dull ache, do u think I pulled a muscle? It's still there today I just sneezed and really felt it, I worrying it's appendicitis or a hernia?? I took ibuprofen earlier and it went all day, I know I sound irrational but I'm getting the fear over me and I have to not let it get hold because it takes me ages to get out of it.
On the plus side it's made me forget about worrying about my moles and back ache lol! Ive had lots of family illnesses lately and thought I was doing ok, but it's like now they are fine it's all coming out in me again.
Thanks for getting this far x
Leanne xx

Stormsky
11-02-12, 19:20
Ive had my appendix out and believe me the appendicitus pain is non stop and no pain killers would take it away! you cant even stay still for a second, its unbearable...
So you probably just a pulled muscle.....

Carys
11-02-12, 19:35
do u think I pulled a muscle?

More than likely.

I've said this here before; the human body does get aches and pains, every one of us will have assorted minor bruises, pulled muscles, niggles of various types all the time, expect them ! However, the body is also pretty good at healing itself and sorting these things out, so give it a few days - and I bet it disappears.

leanne1980
11-02-12, 19:59
Thanks ladies, I really appreciate you replying, I'm sure you are right xxxx thank you x

Pipkin
11-02-12, 20:34
Leanne,

Like Carys, I would say that it's most likely one of those aches and pains we all get. Being anxious makes us very aware of them and, the more we worry, the worse we feel.

Take care

Pip x