PDA

View Full Version : Diabetic questions

Wuboo
11-02-12, 23:06
First of all I will speak to my GP about it when I next go down to see her but for now thought I'd try get some suggestions as it could be the anxiety.

Basically over the last few weeks I sometimes get this shaky feeling like I am going to pass out (def not a PA) and go a little dizzy, then I eat or drink some juice and after a while feel ok. This could just be due to naturally low sugar levels due to maybe not eating enough sometimes in the day.

However I have noticed a few other things. I urinate a lot more than I used to, especially at night and I get numb toes sometimes and my vision at times has seemed slightly blurry. I'm not sure if it's because the anxiety is still around or it's something else. I'm gonna speak to the GP about it as I say but don't wanna come across as a hypercondriac! I'm also on about week 5 of Sertraline.

BigDaz
12-02-12, 00:09
Hi, the symptoms do seem to match diabetes. Although you're right, the symptoms of anxiety and abnormal blood sugar levels can be virtually identical. It's possible your medication could be affecting hormone levels, insulin being a hormone, but I don't know about Sertraline.

I noticed I was feeling weird and frail like i was going to pass out. I'd eat something and feel OK. After a test I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic myself so I know what it's like.

countrygirl
12-02-12, 19:50
Just to put your mind at rest it is so easy to get tested - even lloyds pharmacy will do a test for you to check for diabetes its just a finger prick blood test on a machine. Obviously your GP can do much more intensive testing such as overnight fasting glucose test and also the HBA1C test that gives an average over 8 weeks of your glucose level.

Maybe find a chemist that can do the instant test or anyone with diabetes:) with a machine and if this is abnormal then off to the Gp.

Wuboo
12-02-12, 20:01
I can get a wee stick thing which I might try, do boots do testing as well?