PDA

View Full Version : Increase Medication Question

xtremx
12-02-12, 14:32
Hi this question may sound dumb!

But here go's I was put on pregabalin and I'am about to finish my first week at a low dose of 75mg one a day (Just to see if i could tolerate it) and so far it seem to be well tolerated (no real side effects that i can relate to it direct ie pulse rate has gone up abit and afew sleepness nights BUT have got a real stinker of a head cold at the moment).

So my question is I'am now due too increase mt dose to 75mg twice a day morn+night, So because i had no side effects from the 75mg dose does that mean i will tolerate the 150mg dose the same (so no side effects)

Sorry if this is a thick question:yesyes:

swanlinnet
12-02-12, 15:03
I wouldn't have said you have 'tolerated' it well on 75mg ....sleepness nights' and a high pulse rate.

I have known people on this stuff who said told of exactly the same problems ...especially the increase in BP

I had this given to me once when I broke a bone in my knee. For they say it is a painkiller as well as a mood stabiliser. I took it once and definitel could feel the rise in BP.

That was the first and last time I took it. I followed it through with a long letter of 'complaint' to the GP who prescribed it . It certainly wasn't my cup of tea. It was the rise in BP you mention that definitely convinced me it was not a good idea to keep on taking these things.

Hope this helps mate:)

Vince:)

xtremx
13-02-12, 10:42
My doctor has told me to stay on the 75mg dose for a week or so, as i have a sinus infection (possible) so they have givern me Clarithromycin to see if it clears up.

The doc told me my sleepness nights and high Pulse Rate (not my BP) could be caused by my sinus infection.

Will wait and see