PDA

View Full Version : sinus infection and crying and low

petram
12-02-12, 15:46
hi all im on venlafaxine bee 6 weeks only 3 weeks athe 75mg dose , started feeling some real improvemnets a week ago but this lastweek as been horrid , low mood crying loads anxiety up a bit too, has anyone had a sinus infection and youve gone propper down hill???

looking for some positive replies atthe mo xxx

---------- Post added at 15:46 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

sorry stupid key board is sticking , soo bee means been *

swanlinnet
12-02-12, 16:35
Hiya Petram

I always recognise when I have a cold/virus that there may be a corresponding drop in my mood unless I try to accept the cold/virus will pass.

I tend to use coffee a lot when I have a virus since it does seem to pick me up.

But if something has happened to upset us then I find it's better to talk it through. I know from experience how an unkind word or something that is bothering us in the real world can wear us down.

Of course, medication is essential some time. But if we can find someone we trust to talk to I have found that to be the quickest way to lift the fog.

Hope this helps, Vince:)

pinkdove
12-02-12, 17:59
HI petram, sorry you are feeling so low, you were doing so well on the ven, so it will be your infection dragging you down, don't worry it will pass.......hope you feel better soon xx

Mcched
12-02-12, 18:28
Hi Petram

I have just started getting a cold today and am feeling off colour. I know it is a virus but I too feel like I have taken a few steps back.

I know that it is just the cold making me feel like this. My other half also has it and he took himself off to bed with manful :D

Hope your feel better soon.

petram
12-02-12, 20:19
hi guys thanku for your kind words off support it goes a long way , havent stopped crying/ or feeling really poo today untill now . xx

pinkdove
12-02-12, 20:26
sending you :hugs: and hope you feel better soon xx

Carys
12-02-12, 20:46
Hiyer Petram,

I know I am going down with a cold virus even before the sore throat starts, my mood changes and I become low and more anxious. When I am unwell I have a tendency to cry and get really emotional, like others do too, so I don't think you should feel too surprised at your current mood. If you have an infection you will be feeling really below par, and it doesn't mean you are taking a step backwards at all....it just means you aren't well.....tiredness, pain and the body fighting something makes you feel quite grotty. Once your infection has gone I bet you go back to feeling the improvement you were having.

BellisC
12-02-12, 22:47
I have had sinus trouble too and it can really mess with your mood. It's hard to imagine feeling better but it will come, take good care of yourself and hope you are on track again soon.

petram
14-02-12, 11:05
hi guys still feeling low , teary ext wish my mood would lift so i could cope better with the ocd thought s ext ... grrr 1 , i felt a little bit more lifted yesterday but still felt low . :( xx

petram
14-02-12, 17:07
i lift for a little while then feel crap again !! xx

petram
17-02-12, 23:11
doc upped me by another 37.5 mg 3 days ago. x