PDA

View Full Version : research into the expererience of living with BDD or OCD

l.j.smook
12-02-12, 17:25
Hi everyone

I have gained ethical approval to study the lived experience of people living with either OCD or BDD. Please consider taking part! All participants will remain anonymous and all interviews will be treated as confidential.

Invitation to participate in the research
Dear reader
Call for participants :
I would like to invite you to participate in my research focusing on the experience of adults living with Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). If you are an adult with a formal diagnosis of either BDD or OCD, you can participate. Participation will entail a single 45- 90 minute interview, which will be recorded and transcribed for analysis. All interviews will remain confidential, and the research material will only be shared with my supervisors at the University of Wolverhampton. All research material will be anonymized to protect the identity of participants. Participants can choose to withdraw at any time, at which point their material will be destroyed. This research study has been granted ethical approval through the University of Wolverhampton as part of my Doctorate studies in Counselling Psychology, and will be supervised by Dr. Yvette Primrose (y.primrose@wlv.ac.uk) and Dr. Neil Morris (n.g.morris@wlv.ac.uk) at the University.
If you would like to discuss this research and perhaps would consider participating, please send me an email.
Kind regards,
Lelanie Smook
Email: l.j.smook@wlv.ac.uk (l.j.smook@wlv.ac.uk)
DCounselling Psych candidate
University of Wolverhampton
School of Applied Sciences
Psychology Department
City Campus- South
Wulfruna Street
Wolverhampton
WV1 1LY