PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 Citalopram

jarmummy123
12-02-12, 18:53
I have been taking citalopram for a week tomorrow and had good and bad days to say the least. What side effects did anyone else have and have they worked for you?

Worried_Male
12-02-12, 18:56
I had no side effects. Well maybe a bit of tiredness and i also seemed to be quite forgetful. Nothing bad though.

I'm guessing your on 10mg as it's your first week? You won't notice anything at this stage. I first started noticing a difference after about 4 weeks on 20mg. But everybody is different.

nicola1980
12-02-12, 19:48
Hi i suffered severe heightened anxiety when i first started, headaches and nausea, it usually takes a good 6 weeks or more to notice any improvement, unfortunatly they aren't working for me this time around, its my 2nd time on them aand my first they were fab and really changed my life but apparantly its common for ADs not to work as well second tme around so im tapering off ready to start something else but going from my first experience they really helped me and would recommend them...........think im immune to them now and need a change!!! good luck xx

Molly71
15-02-12, 23:05
Hi
I have been on citalopram for 6 years, they did help and at first they did make me feel a bit strange. I have recently stopped taking them as I was still having attacks of anxiety on them.

bignik
15-02-12, 23:09
on 5 days now , was sweating a lot yesterday and stocker of headache today I started on 20mg dose so perhaps why , no changes in ( always high ) anxiety or depression but very early days

ectopicsufferer
17-02-12, 19:38
im on 40mg of citalopram a day and dont feel any side effects from them however i am going back to the doctor as i feel they arent working for me anymore but i have been on them about 3 years x