PDA

View Full Version : HELP

CantonaKing
12-02-12, 18:55
Hi,
I woke up this morning with what feels like a lump under my stubble, at the bottom of my mouth, on the corner, but on the bone.
I can't see anything in the mirror (probably cos of the stubble), but if I look long enough I can see my jawbone jutting out on one side a little.
I should say that I do have Body Dysmorphic Disorder.
Maybe it feels bit because it's on the bone?
I keep touching it and am terrified it's some sort of tumour and that it is really noticeable.
Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks.

CantonaKing
13-02-12, 08:40
Please could someone reply?!

Abarth
13-02-12, 21:27
Hi there
Try and not panic, you will be ok. I get this alot and it is always a matter of hair follicles growing together or a little inwards and becoming mildy infected under the skin. Sometimes it can cause what feels like a hard lump under the skin,which can be quite big. I was alarmed first time, but now I know what they are I just leave them and they go way or the hair gorws out. It just like a spot under the skin really and quite common. If you keep prodding your face, it will become more sensitive and noticable, so try to avoid that. Honestly, it will be okay if you leave it alone. If it doesn't clear after a couple of weeks, the docs will give you a cream of some sort I'm sure, but I bet you wont need it.
All the best, I'm sure you'll be fine and it's anxiety amplifying the feeling!
Ant