PDA

View Full Version : help and advice please!

phantomfreakout
12-02-12, 19:55
hi, im 26 and suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. its been this way for a long time and went away and has now come back and been back for 3-4months.

i have just started propanolol and i don't really know how well its working or what effects i should expect to see.

I'm starting a new job tomorrow after 2 years unemployment and i have a funeral on wednesday! so add you can imagine I'm quite stressed.

does anybody have any advice regarding anything to help me tomorrow at my first day at work and all the other stresses.

Jon

diane07
12-02-12, 19:56
Hi phantomfreakout

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

sammie82
12-02-12, 20:40
Hi Jon,

I'm new to this site too so hi:) im on propranolol to have been for past 2-3 weeks, im on 80 mg but am thinking of stopping them as i don't find myself any different to how i was before i was on them, but they might work for you. I can imagine you are stressed but you just need to find the time to relax, hot bath, TV or a film and a nice hot drink and don't think about it or over Anaylse the new job or funeral. Just think what will be will be:) hope i have helped.

phantomfreakout
12-02-12, 20:58
thanks sammie, yea just hope i can get to sleep tonight ok. I'm sure once I'm in and doing it will be ok. going to be tough to get into a new routine after so long due to my aspergers, which when routine change happens i don't always cope with very well. fingers crossed though :)