PDA

View Full Version : Pain when bend knee and only 28!

louise123_uk
12-02-12, 21:23
I have been getting a slight feeling of tightness and a pain in my left knee when I bend it, on and off for about 2-3months. I can also feel a slight click when I bend it sometimes that I dont feel in my right knee and it can sometimes feel a little tender during the night. I dont play sport and I havent had any kind of injury to it, so im a bit worried what the cause might be given Ive only recently turned 28. It can be something like arthritis or extreme wear and tear already surely??? Scared that I might need a knee replacement!! Worse still is when googling (bad I know) knee pain on google theres lots of stories of tumours being found in the knee.... The prospect of a knee replacement at my age or potential cancer are scary. Is this something that should be investigated or are pains like this common in most people what ever age? I dont get pain unless I actually bend the knee which at least makes me hopeful its probs not a tumour I guess....

Stormsky
12-02-12, 21:28
I very much doubt there is anything wrong with your knees...
Anxiety causes so many aches, pains, muscle and joint probs... i know ive had them all for 12yrs !
try not to concentrate on it and see how it is in a week... and if you really worried, then see gp....

louise123_uk
12-02-12, 21:42
Its kind of on and off so the pain when I bend isnt always there. I think the fact I dont have the healthiest of diets worries me as I hope I havent somehow caused wear and tear on my knee joint of a much older person due to lack of vitamins/minerals...

Stormsky
12-02-12, 21:43
take some cod liver oil supplements

msadmn
12-02-12, 22:15
haha louise just saw this.. i have the exact same thing!!! i find its when i am sitting around too much..

purplehippo
13-02-12, 16:32
me too!!
my right knee is playing me up aches on and off ,im only 29 aswell .
im now convinced its somthing C related! and that my ankle is the same and my other joints!
we are a joyful lot arnt we lol!