PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone :-)

Laramacbain
12-02-12, 21:34
Hiya, I'm Lara and I'm 21, have suffered from anxiety for as long as I remember, it then turned into panic attacks and then depression which I am thankfully over but still just can't seem to control the anxiety. I'm a generally positive upbeat person but even when I'm really happy there's the nagging anxiety feeling in my chest which I can't control. I worry about everything on very intense levels. Would be great to talk to people who truly understand and may even have suggestions? :-) hope to hear from some people, sorry this is a bit long! X

nomorepanic
12-02-12, 21:35
Hi Laramacbain

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Social in Sydney
13-02-12, 10:47
Hi Lara, I'm new here too and have suffered social anxiety for 20+ years. Have you learned CBT? If not, it will help you manage the intensity of your feelings by challenging you're thoughts. I've gained great relief from this but still have work to do when it comes to public speaking and the like. Do you know CBT?

purplehippo
13-02-12, 17:27
Hi ya
im new too, sorry your having a rough timex
at least if nothing else we can talk to each other,ive found it very difficult to talk to anyone else who hasnt suffered themselves, i think others just think we're a bit nutty ,my family certainly think i am im sure!
during my last recovery i found relaxation hypnosis cds helped me to sleep better and relax as did essential oils ,and trying to take care of myself better like diet and drinking more water ect. getting more sleep.
fingers crossed you will be on the mend soonxx

Pipkin
13-02-12, 17:52
Hi Lara and :welcome:

You're in good company and I hope this site helps you, as it has me.

Pip x

Laramacbain
15-03-12, 16:45
Hi guys, never saw any of these replies, so sorry for the late response!! Well since this post my life seems to have turned upside down, for some reason I thought it would be clever to start a new job and move out at the same time, and bam I've moved back home and now have no job! Feeling a mess, just don't know where to go!!!!!! x