PDA

View Full Version : hello

PUGLETMUM
19-06-06, 16:45
;)hello to all, i was told about this site yesterday, by somebody from the national phobics society - so here i am! hoping to meet people to chat with, because iv'e been in this period of anxiety since last august, and through being on the net (have'nt even met very many people) speaking to some people - but mainly reading stuff that real people have written, i believe iv'e not been as bad as in the past. i don't think there is anything like feeling that somebody else understands you, and i have'nt felt that for 13 years since my mum died when i was 20. anyway so you know a bit about me, i'm 33 - 34 in august, i'm married and have 1 daughter. i live in warrington, cheshire and i have 2 dogs. i don't take any medication, but i have in the past, and my hobbies are shopping!, reading, watching films, swimming, my house and my dogs and sometimes wierdly i feel that getting better is the reason i carry on, sometimes i wonder what i'd do if i did'nt have this to think about and tackle all the time! oh yes i forgot to mention that i class myself as agoraphobic - the definition of the fear of fear not the fear of open places ( which are actually my favourite places!). so i'm usually frightened in any situation that i feel is out of my control, and when i'm at my worst, just being me is very scary, but at the moment i'm not that bad but i'm not that great either and any support via friendship would be great, hope to speak to you soon, emmas

hayles
19-06-06, 16:48
Welcome emmas.
You will get a lot of support here and make some great mates.
the site turned my life right around!

Hay x

PUGLETMUM
19-06-06, 16:51
hello hayles, thanks for the welcome + nice to meet you, look forward to getting to know you better emmas

hayles
19-06-06, 16:55
Check out my wedding thread, is under misc.
Thats a good way to get to know a few of us....
and it is quite a good read!!!

It starts off with my story.....

Hay x

PUGLETMUM
19-06-06, 17:02
okay will do

Daisybun
19-06-06, 17:07
Hi Emma and welcome. This is a great site and you'll find lots of support here. If you want to chat sometime try the chatroom, that's a great place to get to know some people. Hope you feel at home here

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

shiv
19-06-06, 17:10
Hey there and welcome

Shiv x

chucklehound
19-06-06, 17:16
Hi and welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

PUGLETMUM
19-06-06, 17:20
hello, just been reading some of the stuff in the bit about weddings - very interesting as am hopeless romantic. thanks for welcomes, will try out the chat room

manmoor
19-06-06, 17:30
Hi Emmas,

Welcome to the best place for advice in the world. You will be made very welcome here.

Mandy
xx

marie ross
19-06-06, 17:38
Hi Emmas

Welcome to the forum, i hope you find a lot of help here, i have. Everyone in here are so friendly and you'll find a lot of support and good friends.

Take care.

Marie XXX

Karen
19-06-06, 18:41
Hi Emma

Welcome to the forum.

You might like to have a read through the following information as a place to start:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

clickaway
19-06-06, 19:06
Hi Emma and welcome.

I am a member of the NPS as well, and wonder if you have considered any of their reduced rate therapy? Alternatively, No Panic do some phone based therapy. Haved you tried CBT - Cognitive Beahavioural Therapy?

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

giddy
19-06-06, 20:02
Welcome to the forum Emma
Love Helen

jackie
19-06-06, 21:11
hi emma

so glad you found us

jackie

PUGLETMUM
19-06-06, 21:23
hi jackie, me too, does anybody have any experience of the chat room,i've only been in chat rooms a couple of times and they sort of freak me out, as there is too much going on at once, i can't keep up, there appears to be more people on here than on the other sites i've been to, but is there a problem with the chat room and if so is that where you usually all are? any body help ?emmas

chedda
19-06-06, 21:26
Hia and welcme to the forum:D
Know that you will find lots of support and help on here,there are so many of us in the same position
take care cheryl xx

PUGLETMUM
19-06-06, 21:33
hi cheryl and thanks, support is what iv'e been lacking for many many years, i only wish you all lived in my town and we could all be a really big happy gang! ha ha emmas

trac67
20-06-06, 09:08
Hi Emma,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

emmy
21-06-06, 14:08
hello and welcome hope you find all you need to help you on this site it is really helpfull

emily

xxxx

nomorepanic
24-06-06, 15:39
Hi Emma

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

den64
24-06-06, 20:05
Hi Emma
So you found the site look forward to seeing you on chat

take Care