PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram advice

Sophie123
13-02-12, 08:29
Hi All, I am looking for reassurance again!!! I have been on Cit for just over 4 weeks now. I upped my dose from 10 to 20mg just over 2 weeks ago. I still cannot sleep and I am still really anxious in the night and mornings. I keep getting really bad tension headaches as well and this makes me feel nauseas. My eyes feeling really starry and like they are strained as well (probably due to tiredness as well). Has anyone else experienced this after 4 weeks on the meds?

I took Cit for panic disorder about 6 years ago and it really helped me. I just cannot remember if th side effects went on for so long. It seems such a long time ago now.

I am really worried about taking my next tablet this morning but just as worried to stop as I don't want the full blown panic attacks to come back :weep:.

Thanks for reading this thread. Sophie xxx

nicola1980
13-02-12, 08:35
Hi this is my second time on cit and unfortunatly its just not helping me at all this time, when i spoke to a physchatric nurse yeaterday she siad its common for an AD not to work aswell second time round, im now tapering off ready for a change, id go and see your doc as you may need a change xx

---------- Post added at 08:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

ive perservered with it for months hoping it'd work please don't put yourself through what i have, if you feel its not helping then insist on a change xx

Sophie123
13-02-12, 09:47
Ok thanks Nicola. I will give it another week and if I still don't feel right I will go back to the docs and see what they say. What are you changing to?? Do you know anything about Escitalapram? Apparently the side effects are not as severe xxx

nicola1980
13-02-12, 10:01
Im not sure what im changing too yet have got an appointment on wed to see, ive perservered with cit since sept and can't do it anymore, escitalopram is very similar to cit but yeah its supposed to have less side effects and easier to tolerate xx

Sophie123
13-02-12, 10:52
Do you think I should give it another week or so? Really appreciate your help Nicola. Thanks so much xx

nicola1980
13-02-12, 11:20
It depends how bad you feel hun, after 4 weeks the side effects should have eased off, just dont struggle if your really feeling bad x x

Ingenious
13-02-12, 23:46
I wouldn't be surprised if your GP suggests you give this a bit longer. Really you have only been on the 20mg for a couple of weeks and GPs tend to tell you that it can take 4-6 weeks for things to level out and you need to be patient. Which is never a lot of help really, but from my own experience on Citalopram I felt quite rough for a good month or so. The sad reality of these medications is the side effects (and that's ALL they are) can often cause a lot of panic and worry. Try and keep in mind whatever you're feeling right now is just a physical side effect and they will lessen over time.