PDA

View Full Version : flight to oz

willy
19-06-06, 16:55
hi,

i am extremly anxious about my upcoming flight to australia this thursday.

i have been delaying this trip for a year and half now.

ive done a few short trips earlier on this year with my parents.

but this one is obviously a much bigger challenge and im travelling alone.
this will be facing my ultimate fear. is it really worth putting myself through this torture?? i hopeso.

ive got a stackfull of meds preparedfor the journey xanax, propanolol, sleeping tablets and those kalm tablets u get in sainsburys. plus im on citalpram aswell.
and im still scared.

anyway whatever happens on thurday whether i get on that flight or not. i will give it myt best shot.

need as much reasurance as i can get in the next couple of days.

god i just pray this suffering im going through ends soon. this is no life. just a constant ongoing struggle and battle.

will

shiv
19-06-06, 17:06
Good luck mate. This is my biggest phobia so I completely understand.

Shiv x

marie ross
19-06-06, 17:07
Hi Will,

I'm sure you'll get on that flight, it might be scary but you'll do it!!! I had to fly to Jamaica last year, and once we booked the holiday, it was on my mind from the morning i woke up till i went to bed at night.

I was a wreck before we got on the flight but i had to put on a brave face because my two young children were with me and they'd never flown before so i had to act normal so i did'nt put them off flying for life!!!

Once i was on the plane, i honestly was fine, i thought well i'm here now, here goes!!! I kept myself busy with reading and watching films, and i walked around a lot. If i did get a bit jittery i just used rescue remedy and i was fine.

Its just the build up, thinking about it all, i was exactly the same always thinking , what if????

Good luck for thursday, you'll do it, how long are you going for??? I'll look out for your success story when you get back safe and sound!!!!

Take care.

Marie XXX

LisaS
19-06-06, 18:50
Will,

as I said in my PM, this anticipatory anxiety is ALWAYS worse than the actual thing you fear. It will not be as bad as you think. It never is.
please feel safe with yourself first, then you can go anywhere, the world is your lobster...
if your thoughts are going haywire, go and do something to keep your mind off it.. cook something, go shopping, ring a friend, watch a comedy film...

how are youdoing? You will be just fine. say this mantra to yourself!

Lisa

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

"Like water be gentle and strong. Be gentle enough to follow the natural paths of the earth, and strong enough to rise up and reshape the world"

willy
21-06-06, 17:04
hey,

thanx for the suppport everyone.

i had a sesion with my hypnotherapist this morning.

and he resured me somewhat about the flight tmrw. and to look at the journey in a completly different light.

love willyxxx

chucklehound
21-06-06, 17:10
Hi Willy, I hope your have a great time and it all goes well for you...:D[^]:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

willy
28-06-06, 12:47
hi everyone!

i didnt make it too australia. it was too big of a step for me rite now. im not ready.

im not going to give up. i will get there one day and overcome my biggest fear.

got too fingd the rite medication first and im going to start having cbt sesions.

ive just started a new antidepresant yestrday.

take care!

love to all!

willyxx

Trev
28-06-06, 13:18
Stick with it mate.

Look at the positives. At least you are contemplating it and you have it as a goal to achieve. Big goals and big steps can be broken down into lots of smaller ones. As long as you keep making the small steps the big ones will come and go and then you'll wonder what all the fuss was about! :D

I know people who are classed as "normal", whatever that is, and won't go near a plane, so bear that in mind as well!!

Cheers,
Trev :D

chucklehound
28-06-06, 13:18
Hi Willy, well done for trying, it's the try that is the achievement too and I think you did really well to try:D

Good luck with finding the right medication

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

india
28-06-06, 18:32
Oh Will, don't be too disheartened, going to oz on your own is a MEGA thing, i don't think even 'normal'! people would have the guts to do it!

Good luck with your cbt and new meds,

Remember, 'How do you eat an elephant? - one bite at a time!

Take Care and let us know how it goes,

Love India xxx

willy
08-08-06, 16:54
hey,

apologies for the slow reply,

thankyou all for the kind words.

i hope you are all well.

im not giving up on this, you'll be pleased to hear.

willx

mel.ward
29-08-06, 18:28
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Will,

I'm sure you'll get on that flight, it might be scary but you'll do it!!! I had to fly to Jamaica last year, and once we booked the holiday, it was on my mind from the morning i woke up till i went to bed at night.

I was a wreck before we got on the flight but i had to put on a brave face because my two young children were with me and they'd never flown before so i had to act normal so i did'nt put them off flying for life!!!

Once i was on the plane, i honestly was fine, i thought well i'm here now, here goes!!! I kept myself busy with reading and watching films, and i walked around a lot. If i did get a bit jittery i just used rescue remedy and i was fine.

Its just the build up, thinking about it all, i was exactly the same always thinking , what if????

Good luck for thursday, you'll do it, how long are you going for??? I'll look out for your success story when you get back safe and sound!!!!

Take care.

Marie XXX

<div align="right">Originally posted by marie ross - 19 June 2006 : 18:07:52</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

mward

mel.ward
29-08-06, 18:32
I think your great your not letting this thing beat you. I could not even get on that flight. I have not flew for 2 years now and have got into such a state. I take citrolapam 20 mg per day used to take seroxat. When i came off seroxat got severe panic attacks you go enjoy your self your beating it.

mward