PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive thoughts

Munki
13-02-12, 16:46
Hi guys,

You've been so great in the past so I thought I'd post again.

I'm getting my intrusive thoughts again which always seem to about friendships. I have a handful of lovely, close and loyal friends yet I fins myself contacting old friends as I feel I should have more.

I'm getting married in May and have found myself counting how many friends were at relatives and friends weddings to try and compare. Its terrible!

The truth is, deep down I know that I only want these friends as I struggle to make time to see them as it is. I actually don't want any new ones necessarily. But still the thoughts take over. I even panic that my partner will have loads more than me and everyone will feel sorry for me.

Anyone else have/had this friend fear?

theharvestmouse
13-02-12, 17:04
Only the anxiety that a wedding would bring me, which feels a million years from happening anyway because I'm single and have been for years. But I have thought that if I ever was to get married I would hate the whole thing, the idea of a day where I am one half of the centre of attention actually makes me feel anxious even thinking about it.

It also brings up all kinds of fears, since I dont keep in touch with old friends and since my anxiety I have lost a lot of friends. I barely have any to call serious friends. Anyway to then ask people to my wedding who I have not seen for years would be embarrassing.

Don't really want to think about this since even getting a girlfriend seems an impossible task for me these days.

Stormsky
13-02-12, 17:20
Surely your partners friends are yours too, so not need compare whose got more!
I felt the same though at my joint 40th with my mate... i feared she'd have loads more friends to invite than me!
I got married abroad, but we had a reception when we got back, my hubby has huge family, so outweighed me big time there, but i had more friends , so evened out...
Everyone that attends is your family/friend !
The most important people are the ones that turn up...... doesnt matter how many... Quality not Quantity!