PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

purplehippo
13-02-12, 17:01
Hello there
ive been a member for quite a while but havnt posted much although ive found the forum so reassuring at times so thanks to you allxx

Ive suffered from health anxiety on and off for several years ,i have always been an anxious person even as a child but i found once i had my own children my anxiety levels have really gone beserk!
I was first treated in 2001 this was more depression and general anxiety ,i got quite a bit better but relapsed in 06/07 when i was very bad i had a terrible breakdown and couldnt function properly i honestly thaught it was the end :( i was prescribed citalopram which helped along with the support of a very nice Gp,and my parents. I recovered very well for those years having occasional shakey moments but very much managable ,i always try to laugh through things,when i can,at times its impossible but ive found having a sense of humour about it helps, that and talking about it.
Ive relapsed again unfortunatly since my nan was diagnosed with cancer over a year ago.
Cancer is usually my fear that rules my life I cant read books,or watch any tv programmes involving medical issues,i cant even use a pen from macmillan or cancer reserach without getting stressed its so stupid isnt it!!!!
Im trying my best to cope with my HA ,visiting the gp often but currently i cant go on meds as im heavily pregnant so have been battling through for months with self help,but i must admit its a huge struggle some days.
as im pregnant i cant have certain scans id like or tests,my smear test was due in september and as im pregnant i cant have it so ive convinced myself ill have problems in that area when i finally get a test done after i have my baby. all the pregnancy ailments have me convinced they arnt pregnancy ailments but serious illness that is being over looked for pregnancy !!
I have twice weekly blood tests due to a pregnancy related problem so i try to take comfort in those being normal ,but as usual i am convinced somthing is being missed or the pregnancy is disguising somthing sinister(isnt it daft!)
i also think i have ocd as im obsessed my germs ,standing near microwaves,sitting on toilet seats! I worry about my families health too and stress over every sniffle!
arnt I a barrrel of laughs!!!
I do hold out a little hope in that if i can ever bealive or begin to bealive im not about to die then it is possible to have periods of normality again as a HA sufferer.
As i mentioned before ive had several years of being free from it,i was in a dark place before thaught i was dying all the usual things. and i climbed out of it ,so you can too(hopefully i will again at some point ????)
Sorry for the huge introduction
tilly:)

nomorepanic
13-02-12, 17:04
Hi purplehippo

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.