PDA

View Full Version : is citalopram better for anxiety ? does it help the depression ?

emmat
13-02-12, 17:08
hi , ive been on citalopram for amonth , i know its early days . but ive been reading posts about citalopram . and i just feel so messed up , i feel tired i dont know if thats the diazepam . a month ago i wouldnt take an asprin for a headache no i cant get through the day without valium !!i just feel so down perhaps not so anxious as i was just really jittery and more depressed than normal . and i just want to eat sweets and rubbish all the time . sorry to moan alll the time x

nomorepanic
13-02-12, 17:09
Hi emmat

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Catya
13-02-12, 17:31
Hello there emmat.
I have to admit, citalopram didn't really get to my depression, but we are all different.
Other people will chime in with their opinions too. Good luck to you! xx

emmat
13-02-12, 17:49
thanks xxx how r u getting on with venlafaxine ?

Catya
13-02-12, 17:52
Well it's early days and I was reluctant to try this drug, but I think there's a little improvement.

nicola1980
13-02-12, 18:48
I feel the same, im currently tapering off citalopram after perservering with it since sept!! ive took it in the past and it changed my life but this time i actually believe its making me worse :ohmy: im currently using diazepam too until my med is hopefully changed on wed, please don't struggle on like i have done and many others have if you feel its not helping you then ask to be changed don't suffer, good luck xx

alfredo1
14-02-12, 13:00
Nicola i found the same with citalopram , it just literally stopped working for me this year. Was in a relaitonship that caused a lot of anxiety (my low self esteem came to the surface big time) now i'm in sertraline but very scared its going to cause weight gain. I'm going to really throw myself into exercise though and change my diet.

I can't deal with the weight gain at all. This is something that i know will really effect me

I'm going to give the sertraline a month, if i gain a lot of weight , i'll then try fluxotine.

Good luck with your change. Let us know what your doctor says.

dan1234
15-02-12, 15:57
I was on citalopram from Sept to Jan and noticed a bit of improvement but not much. It helped with the depression but less with the anxiety. Been on prozac since, and its made me feel far worse. Time for another change.