PDA

View Full Version : Thirsty

amyyy
13-02-12, 18:19
All of today i have been feeling constantly thirsty, i have drankmwater constantly and also feel quite weak and spaced out...please help me :(

teez
13-02-12, 18:21
if you drink too much water this can have this effect hun,,

amyyy
13-02-12, 18:24
Its not too much but enough to keep me hydrated. I feel like im in a bubble. Does anyone know what i mean? Xx

Anxious_gal
13-02-12, 19:07
If you drink a few glasses of water then you should be hydrated .
Some days I'm just thirsty , I find tea , fizzy drinks , fizzy water seem to help get rid of the thirsty feeling .
Also make sure you're eating well : )
Ya I get that feeling spaced out or detached from the world , it's worse if I'm stressed or tired .

william wallace
13-02-12, 20:13
All of today i have been feeling constantly thirsty, i have drankmwater constantly and also feel quite weak and spaced out...please help me :(

You are describing the early symptoms of diabetes. It would be sensible to go see your GP tomorrow and have your blood sugar checked, even if it's just so you can come back and say, 'Wallace, yer talkin pish!!':)

amyyy
14-02-12, 12:23
Do they test it there and then? X x

william wallace
14-02-12, 15:22
Yes, they can test either blood or urine while you are there:)

nomorepanic
14-02-12, 15:45
Diabetes is best tested with a fasting blood test but they can still tell a lot from a normal blood test as well.

amyyy
14-02-12, 21:29
i got a normal blood test less than 2 weeks ago, which came back with a normal blood count, and said my kidneys and liver were also perfectly normal. do you think they would of picked up on it thru that? x x

william wallace
14-02-12, 21:35
They only test as per instructions so if sugar wasn't mentioned they wouldn't. You can get a free diabetes check at any Lloyds pharmacy:)

teez
14-02-12, 21:38
you can go to boots i think it is and have it tested,,but if youve had a normal blood test in the last two weeks you should be fine,,have you got the heating on,,cos that can give you a dry mouth,,just being stressed can also do it too,,as said fizzy water is brilliant for getting rid of the dryness,,i carry a bottle everywhere,

amyyy
15-02-12, 15:13
Yea i remember getting one of them like 4 years ago coz i was hungry all the time lol...nothings changed! It said i was perfectly fine. I will get checked again thru the week x x