PDA

View Full Version : Daily acid reflux

Cat80
13-02-12, 18:32
I've been on omeprazole on and off for the last 2 years or so. I ran out recently so thought I'd see how I go off them. Within 2 days really bad acid was back. I couldn't get into my usual Dr so have been taking ranitadine 4 times a day but that doesn't get rid of the acid for say more than an hour, gaviscon doesn't work either. My Dr did a test for h pylori because she said it wasn't normal to feel sick all the time and have constant acid at my age and weight (I'm 31 and normal weight). The test was negative as are all my bloods other than thyroid.

Anyone else get daily acid? Doesn't seem to matter what I do and don't eat I still get it. Constant burning in my throat, feeling sick a lot, sometimes chest and stomach pains. I've tried dairy free, wheat free etc and nothing gets rid of the acid.

SomeOddworld
13-02-12, 19:20
I can get it everyday for like a month but other times I can go without any for months.

K1rsty
13-02-12, 21:26
I get it everyday too - I also have a chronic cough due to it. Gaviscon does nothing for me either. I am on eosomeprazole. Maybe go back to your Gp and get a stronger / different PPI for it. Have you had endoscopy as mine is caused by hiatus hernia. Good luck I hope it gets sorted as its very unpleasant.:)

Danii
13-02-12, 21:53
I get it too, it's horrible, I also get it no matter what I eat. The only time I feel somewhat better is if I dont eat for long periods of time (4 to 6 hours atleast). It's absolutely horrible when you begin to get your HA under control and you still have these painful physical symptoms that are very real, you can't go out and enjoy yourself.

I dont take anything for mine (I have a fear of medication).

lelespears
14-02-12, 10:13
Im 28 and suffer so badly.. I'm on omeprazole & thyroxine for and underactive thyroid... I've had HP test it was neg, had an endoscopy didn't show much, I'm so bloated in my upper stomach it feels like everythings just trapped up there!

Lele x