PDA

View Full Version : Hello

K1rsty
13-02-12, 21:17
Hi, I have been suffering with anxiety for about 8 years. It has taken me this long to realize that this is what is wrong and I found it very difficult to accept/admit this. I thought for a long time that I was going mad and felt embarrassed. I am very up and down with it and currently trying herbal remedies. I do not want to take anything that my Dr prescribes yet. Does anyone have any good experiences with any herbal remedies that they have taken? I have currently taken 5 htp for a month and find it has not really helped. I have also tried lemon balm which did not help.
Sleep is very disrupted and I have tried lots of things such as warm bath, aromatherapy, milky drinks!!
I catastrophise about things everyday (not about myself but about others and work) mainly that I have made a very bad mistake and every thing is going to go wrong. I also have social anxiety fears but it is the catastrophizing that leaves me feeling very hopeless and this is what keeps me awake at night.

nomorepanic
13-02-12, 21:18
Hi K1rsty

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

celestijenijohn
15-02-12, 09:53
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
hello i m new for this forum
i m celesty

K1rsty
15-02-12, 20:03
Hi Celesty,
How long have you been on this site?