PDA

View Full Version : Toilet issues

maxmc2
13-02-12, 22:45
Hi all

Been on pregabalin 75mg twice a day for the last month.

Not sure if it's linked but latley I seem to need to go to the toilet all the time, even when I have just been i sit down and feel the urge to go again.

I've recently had a urine test which came back clear.

Due to see gp again soon, just wondered if this was something others had experienced.

Apart from that I feel a hell of a lot better on pregabalin.

robinbrum
13-02-12, 23:13
Don't believe it's a known issue with pregabalin...certainly never affected me that way.
Glad you're getting on with the pregabalin, jury's still out as far as I'm concerned.

valley
14-02-12, 02:37
I have the same issue with my med, it's happening on Zoloft and also happened to me on Citalopram. I know those are a different class or drugs, but I've had the same symptom.

maxmc2
14-02-12, 10:57
What did you do to ease those side effects?

valley
15-02-12, 04:27
I've only been on the Zoloft for about a week and a half now, I think the symptom is tapering off slightly. I haven't really found anything that works, but it seems that actually on the days I drink more water/fluids I notice it less....I have no idea why. Maybe something to do with the medicine affects the bladder but if I have hydrated myself well it's not as irritating. I notice it a lot at night because I wake up to go to the bathroom so much more (like 2 or 3 times a night it seems).

tiddleypom
06-03-12, 13:37
I'm on day 6 and I noticed this yesterday too. I also wondered if it was a side effect. I've been up and down like a yo-yo to the loo!

Margaret99
05-07-12, 18:18
Its a very common side effect, especially intially.