PDA

View Full Version : Neuralogist called and said I have low mag!

Dragi316
14-02-12, 01:09
Well after 2 months of severe Insomnia and Muscle Twitching and Jerking as well as Memory Fog I finally saw a Neuralogist. Who took Blood and wants to do a EEG. I haven't done the EEG yet but the Neuralogist called and told me I have very low magnesium and need to start taking 400 mg twice a day immediately ! I'm freaking out now could Low Magnesium cause Insomnia and all these symptoms? Could Low magnesium be a symptom of CJD? I'm really worried.
Help Please

robin321
14-02-12, 01:25
Do not worry. This is common. I have it too, and so do 57 percent of the population. It is normal and not a reason to worry.

Danii
14-02-12, 02:14
I've had low potassium for 3 months now. It's not that big a deal if he just said take vitamins. At the hospital I work at we give injections of the vitamin that patients are low in only if they're critically low, generally we just say vitamins or altered diet and send them home.

MandySlade
14-02-12, 09:39
You know, I'm not sure, but I CAN tell you this... I had SEVERE insomnia (in fact I made threads about it) a couple years back. I'm talking days without sleep. Scared the CRAP out of me. The doctor found nothing wrong, nothing seemed to help, I wound up taking sleeping pills for a bit, etc. Figured it was anxiety/depression (not that it wasn't, Im sure it was a part) But the weirdest thing was, I started taking a strong multivitamin daily and it got so much better. Maybe it was a coincidence but part of me has always wondered if it was caused by some sort of deficiancy.

---------- Post added at 04:39 ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 ----------

AND.. I had bad muscle twitches too. Of course, they could have been caused by the lack of sleep. Who knows.