PDA

View Full Version : still as bad as ever

audib
14-02-12, 02:16
Hi on citropam and propranonol four weeks and still feel bad especially at night tight chest and throat sweats still anxious and panicky can't sleep went to hospital as had a terrible night had ecg chest Xray and bloods why do I still feel so bad:weep:

diane07
14-02-12, 02:18
Hi audib

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

swanlinnet
14-02-12, 06:48
Insist to the GP the medication is changed if you feel the need to.

It is you who are swallowing it ...not the gp. And so, if need be, go back to that gp and tell them you need a different course of medication.

Hope this helps, Vince:)

kittikat
14-02-12, 10:35
I agree with Vince, the meds may not be right for you. I tried a few and most made me feel worse in the early days....only thing that really helps me is Diazepam but docs are reluctant to prescribe because of the addiction thing. I been using them on an 'as & when' basis for a few years now, but since my relapse in November I've been on them continually....almost ready to start weaning down now but I'll always need the odd one in bad times.

Citalopram is not an instant fix and as you may know, you can get worse before you feel better, and the beta blockers (which I take anyway for BP) only realy regulate the palpitations. Go see the Doc and discuss your concerns.

Good luck :)

beatripper
16-02-12, 15:47
Hi all....just wanted to say i'm on propranol and was on citalopram at the same time. I found i suffered from palpitations alot due to the panic attacks and the cit didnt help much with this.

neroo
18-02-12, 22:45
I feel for you a tight chest is one of my most hated things in the world

Not much i can add, but hang in there