PDA

View Full Version : Plug in air freshener worry

phil06
14-02-12, 03:03
My plug in air freshener was lying unplugged and had tipped over and was leaking. Some got on the xbox wire at my tv and tv wire. I gave it a clean so it was dry but fear some getting near the plug or some maybe I never noticed? there was quite a bit leaked and it stinks. Is it all safe to use the wire again?

swanlinnet
14-02-12, 06:23
Airfresheners' are unsafe full-stop.They cause asthma and make life undearable for pets whose sensitivity to them is so high. God only knows what else they cause.

I don't have them in the house at all.

Vince: :)

phil06
14-02-12, 10:03
I also have a phobias of water getting near plugs like irons too :ohmy:

william wallace
14-02-12, 10:17
This type of air freshener is filled with scented oil, which does not conduct electricity, perfectly safe as long as you wiped it off:)

theharvestmouse
14-02-12, 13:36
Don't know why anyone buys those plug in air fresheners, they smell disgusting, open a window instead.

swanlinnet
14-02-12, 14:17
WEll said Harvestmouse .....I think you have to be crazy to buy them :)

nomorepanic
14-02-12, 14:56
I used to use them until I read about them catching fire whilst people were at work so I never used them again.

You can get the battery operated ones now instead

swanlinnet
14-02-12, 15:18
If everybody knew what they can do to the lungs, Nicola, then nobody would buy them.

london
14-02-12, 16:00
I used to use them until I read about them catching fire whilst people were at work so I never used them again.

You can get the battery operated ones now instead

thats the same with them timers you plug in
i heard thay start fires
god bless

nomorepanic
14-02-12, 16:15
Yeah the plug in ones do Col - not heard about the battery operated ones doing so though

theharvestmouse
14-02-12, 17:24
WEll said Harvestmouse .....I think you have to be crazy to buy them :)

Agree with you Swanlinnet, I'm baffled how many people buy them, I remember years ago having to deliver leaflets in a sheltered accommodation for old people, I nearly vomited due to the disgusting fumes those things were putting out.

phil06
14-02-12, 21:02
This type of air freshener is filled with scented oil, which does not conduct electricity, perfectly safe as long as you wiped it off:)

I wiped it up but can still smell it. I can't say for sure if it got on the plug I'm sure it was only the wires. It was last night so will it be ok to switch on and try?

william wallace
14-02-12, 21:17
Man up and switch it on:)

teez
14-02-12, 21:25
dry it well with kitchen roll,, i used to use these a lot as ive critters ,,but found cos i shallow breath id end up with even more trouble breathing and a tight chest,,nowdays i add put orange peel on the radiator and if i want it stronger i add some cinnamon sticks smells lush,,lemon peels good too and all natural lol

theharvestmouse
15-02-12, 09:40
Throw it away and don't buy them again, open a window instead, fresh air is better for you.