PDA

View Full Version : Constant Panic due to Marriage Break down

josyjojo
14-02-12, 08:36
Hi

I have been married 10 yrs and have 2 beautiful boys. 7 and 5.
My husband has never understood my PA (had for 27 years) and has never tried helping me or even just sat with me when I have them. He gets annoyed and ignores me. This has caused obvious bad feeling as I feel he doesnt care about me. I have been thinking about leaving for a while now, but too scared to do anything about it..
Anyway...I have met another man who is the kindest man I have ever met. The chemistry is amazing.. Things led from friendship etc and we now want to be together. When I plucked up the courage to tell him about my PA thinking he would run a mile, he just said "I know". My husband had told him how they ruined everything we ever wanted to do!! OMG! I was astounded! 2 reasons..firstly, how dare my husband speak about me like that, my PA are very personal! And second..Kev still wants to be with me! Regardless!!

Anyway.....I am sorry for the long story but I want some help....I am having Panic Attacks every day, most of the day now as I am struggling with the marriage break up. I feel like I am going crazy! I seem to drift from 1 day to the next in constant panic..only ever calm when with Kev.

I feel like I'm going insane and on the verge of another breakdown. The Dr has given me Propanolol but I am scared to take it. I already take Citalopram 30mg and Pregabalin 75mg.

Jo
x

nicola1980
14-02-12, 08:41
Hi your marriage break up is going to give you unavoidable anxiety, its the hardest thing to do leave someone believe me ive been there and i lost everything along the way, walked away with my car filled with bin bags with my then 6 year old son, it sounds like you've met a lovely caring man which is a start but maybe you could do with a med review as being on cit and pregabalin you shouldn't really be having bad anxiety and panic attacks like you have been having, how long have you been taking them? xx

josyjojo
14-02-12, 08:50
Hi Nicola
Thank you for your reply xx
It's nice to know I'm not alone.
I obviously don't know your situation but did your PA improve after you left??
My counsellor has hinted that my husband is way too negative for me and is really not helping me stay calm and positive. I feel so guilty when I look at him tho. I don't wanna hurt him but really can't stay either. This pain is unbearable.

I used to take Seroxat, which was an amazing drug for me. I got my life back 100% and even moved 80 miles away from my parents. It was my new Dr that took me off Seroxat and put me on Citalopram. I've never really coped well since.

Thank you for taking the time to care
Jo
x

nicola1980
14-02-12, 09:00
Hi yes i got alot better when i finally plucked up the courage to leave, yes it was tough but i did it and its left alot of scars that are still healing but my ex was an emotionally abusing nasty man and im having councilling now to help me put closure to that, i would go back to your doctor and ask for a med change, im tapering off citalopram at the min as its really not helping me if anything its making my anxiety and pa's worse, ive persevered with it since sept but can't carry on lke this anymore so ive a first appointment tomo with a physchatrist to hopefully change my meds, please don't suffer and struggle on xx