PDA

View Full Version : holidays

ceecee
19-06-06, 19:12
hi everyone,wasjust wondering do any of you mums and dads out ther feel really guilty about not taking your children abroad this year through your fear and anxiety?i,m feeling so guilty as i feel they should be going and i,m being selfish because i,m so afraid of being in a foriegn country feeling lousy!i will take them somewhere in this country but again i feel like my lovely kids have to miss out due to this horrible condition!!!!would love to hear back from anyone else who knows where i,m coming from!!take care all rachel x x

marie ross
19-06-06, 19:36
Hi Rachel,

Please don't feel guilty, as long as your with your kids and your having a good time they won't mind if there in spain or skegness!!!!

I've been to Jamaica and it was horrible, i was constantly worrrying about putting sun-cream on them (every 20 mins it was that hot!!!) and worrying whenever they left my sight.

But we've had many brilliant holidays along the coast, devon, cornwall and we've just come back from Hastings and the kids have had a much better time there then they did going abroad. I've felt guilty many times because i've felt that the only time you can have a good holiday is by flying abroad and everyone else is doing it (their friends from school), but no i can honestly say if your with them they won't care where they are. And give it time you never know, you might get abroad some-time in the future.

Take care.

Marie XXX

ceecee
19-06-06, 20:29
thanks marie and nigel i know deep down what you,re saying is true but i,m always feeling guilty about how my anxiety affects the children!i live in devon so there are plenty of nice places to holiday here but when my children.s friend s are going to these exotic foriegn countries it makes me feel bad!!never mind like you say i don,t really think they mind where they go as long as we are a family!!!thanks again take care rachel x x