PDA

View Full Version : chest pain after taking 10mg?

rooby
14-02-12, 18:30
any one experience slight chest pain after taking this? I was given it yesterday 10mg 4x a day until friday and I have to go back to gp for her to check my heart rate again, it was going so fast, i had been taking seroquel for a mood stabiliser but stopped it cos it was increasing my heart rate and along with serious anxiety over stressful things my heart was just pounding so I went to see gp the ecg was normal but it was going so fast and she could see I was just in a state.
I am 42 not overweight (59kg) don't smoke hardly drink (makes the anxiety worse) she said i wouldn't get any bad side effects from these and gave me 5mg valium to take at night too but I took everything last night and still couldnt sleep and had this pain in my chest. so down with it all now

Jsp
14-03-12, 13:36
Sorry to hear you're still having problems.

Unfortunately, propranolol only targets some of the physical symptoms of anxiety. If you're still anxious, you'll probably still get chest pains.

I'm in the exact same position as you. Take the pills and try to relax yourself. I know that's hard to do but try your best. Go for a light walk or something or read a book.

It would be beneficial for you to contact your doctor to see what they think. There may be an alternative drug which they can give you.

Donny
15-03-12, 17:30
Jsp is right rooby.

I take Propranolol and it lowers the heart rate and blood pressure. Sadly I still get the odd sharp pain (which freaks me out a bit) and it doesn't stop the anxious thoughts; for that I have started back on cipralex/ecitalopram.

Keep on taking them mate and best of luck...:shades:

rooby
15-03-12, 20:25
thanks for your kind replies, i did go back to dr and she gave me a slow release inderal so I will see how that goes. Mood stabiliser also changed so hopefully things will improve.