PDA

View Full Version : loud bubbling / gurgling stomach & nausea

honeyp1e
14-02-12, 23:43
well sunday night i went out for a meal just went for steak & jacket potatoe then an hour after i got bad acid just below my ribs in the center this lasted all sundey night even woke with it monday morning and as the day went on i still had it even today :( woke this morning with that horrible feeling just below ribs in the center and like a bad wind feeling and nausea just below rins in center but also as if its sitting on my pubic line ?? and i have had nausea with it all day ????? really making me so anxious thinking about y i have it

nomorepanic
15-02-12, 00:09
I really think you need to get this all checked out by a doc and dietitian as you have had this a long long time now when you eat and need some good advice on eating and diet etc.

You shouldn't need to suffer like this but do need to get the diet sorted and make sure it is nothing else causing the indigestion etc

Have you seen the doc recently about it all?

honeyp1e
16-02-12, 04:26
Thanks well i took myself the doctors tonight as i was just getting anxious thinking about it so the doctor examined my stomach etc and said its nice and soft after asking me questions etc she said its an IBS flare up ???? i havent been bad like this in a while and my diet is still crappy one good thing i do eat salads etc but am still eating a lot of chocoate but i no i need to STOP this and soon maybe my stomach will settle without that junk ?? but can IBS flare ups last this long and have these symptoms ?? - raw feelingin my stomach from my belly button down.. nausea.. bubbling gurgling stomach.. if i rub y belly i burp thats all

nocturnal87
16-02-12, 06:09
One thing I can recommend for you is Peppermint tea. It's not the best tasting thing, although I do quite like it myself my wife does not. But it settles my stomach tremeandously - especially in the days following an anxiety attack when you have that numbing nausea feeling.

You should give it a try :) I recommend the Twinings one.

Horse
16-02-12, 11:55
Don't forget that red meat can take a very long time to digest and also potato skin can also be a bad idea if you have IBS.

I was told by my dietician to keep away from high fibre as this can sometimes be just as bad as low fibre with regards to aggravation.

The pain below the ribs and in the centre I appear to suffer on a daily basis, particularly first thing in the morning when still lying in bed. It's slightly relieved when I prop myself up! My last endoscopy was last December and as usual they found nothing.

My own prognisis is that it would seem to be a combination of gas and acid for my particular discomfort regardless of the fact that the pain is sometimes rather crippling and nauseas.

Don't forget that your current discomfort may be totally unrelated to your steak and could just be coincidental.

Horse.