PDA

View Full Version : In a panic over throat/neck!

Sazziesaz
15-02-12, 13:03
Hi

I know there have been loads of threads about the feeling of lump in throat but I am getting myself in such a panic! I have had this horrid feeling of a lump in my throat for over 4 weeks now! In the middle of this four weeks I have had a horrid sore throat virus which I am slowly getting on the mend from. But I still have this horrid feeling of a lump in my throat.

I have constantly prodded and my glands feel up, I have had two doctor feel my neck and the say my glands and lymph node is up slightly on the right (that is the side that I feel the lump when I move, swallow, breath) but they are not concerned and say that there is no nasty feeling lumps.

This lump doesn't effect my eating and sometimes when I first wake up doesn't seem so bad but as the day goes on if feels huge, when I prod I can't feel a huge lump so why can I feel it when I swallow and move! I am really working myself up into a panic, and wondered if anyone else has this and have you had if for 4 weeks????

Sarah

purplehippo
15-02-12, 14:26
currently i have a sore throat ,which i think is a viral thing,ive got a gp app on friday so ill get him to look at my glands, ive refrained from prodding as i feel they are likely up so i know if i prod ill panic and i cant get a gp appointment any sooner.
ive had on and off sore throat for a while,i think mine might be from mucus running down my throat at night.
was your throat red/white patches? mine is red but considering how painful it is id expect it to be redder! and as far as i can see ive no white patches . sort of wish there was so i could get antibiotics and knock the thing on the head!

flossie
15-02-12, 14:51
There are some really painful sore throat viruses about at the moment. As you have had 2 doctors have a look and neither are concerned then you can stop worrying. Unfortunately this is the type of virus that you have to sit out and wait for it to take it's course.

I hope you both start to feel better soon.

Sazziesaz
15-02-12, 15:00
Thanks, for both the replies, but mine isn't sore now, it feels like something is stuck in the right side of my throat! It is horrid and making me so scared! I have a doctors app in a few weeks so I will ask again, but I am petrified it is something horrid! It is on my mind all the time! :(

Sarah

Anxious_gal
15-02-12, 15:09
I'll have to read this better later , on my way out .
But I'm off to see an ENT for the same symptoms , I've had it nearly a year.
Mine too is ok in the mornin and gets worse as the day goes on :(
To be honest it's drivin me nuts as the lump is forever there :(
It's hard not to worry x