PDA

View Full Version : need advice

tricia56
15-02-12, 13:15
hi i have gad and health anxiety and ive come down with a viral infection i couldnt get into my gp so i went to walk in centre last night but because i still feel ill im so anuoise and i want to go and see my gp as i cant stand bieng ill and because the nurse at the walk in centre just said it could be just a viral infection im still not convinced and keep thinking i need to go and see my gp can any one tell me if the get like this when they are ill as i feel so stupid geting worked up because im ill and if possible can any one give me some advice how to overcome feeling like this and always looking for reasureance thk u

RosieXXX
15-02-12, 13:50
Hello tricia,

I am sorry you are feeling so poorly, and hope you will be feeling better soon.

My advice to you is to rest up, and see how you feel in a day or two; if you are still feeling unwell do make an appointment to see your doctor - there is no problem in doing that at all. I do understand how very anxious health anxiety suffferers become when having to deal with symptoms - we imagine all sorts and end up feeling a whole lot worse. There is no easy answer with this awful health anxiety - try to take care of yourself and take it easy :hugs:

purplehippo
15-02-12, 14:36
i agree ,also suffering from a viral thing i thing,i have felt so poorly for 2/3 days nights the worst aches,pains,sore throat,ear ache,head ache,no cough,or particularly high temp its 38 c so a bit high but nothing drastic!
i already had a gp appointment booked(here you need to book so far in advance its a nightmare!) its friday so ill mention then
there seem to be lots of viral things going around at the mo,most people i speak to have had one or know someone who has.
im sure everything will be ok,how long has yours been going on?

Anxious_gal
15-02-12, 15:16
I spent all day yesterday feeling Ill :(
Hate getting sick over the weekend , sorry you've not got to see your doctor yet .
If you feel worse you can always go back to the walk in centre or to the hospital :)
Where I live there's no hospital open at night so that makes my HA sooo much .